Business Wire is a press release distribution service for businesses looking to spread their news through various news outlets to improve positioning in the marketplace, manage brand awareness, improve brand reputation, and increase sales.
Read this review and discover more about this company, its product features and benefits, pros and cons, and what other customers have to say about Business Wire.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
Our Review of Business Wire
Before we get into this review, we should note that Business Wire didn’t quite make our 2021 list for best press release distribution services. However, after spending many hours reviewing the best distribution services, we still think Business Wire is a solid choice because of its good customer service and wide range of services.
These services include:
- Public Relations
- PR distribution
- Interactive media
- Multimedia distribution
- Smart news release
- Event news services
- Online Newsroom
- Distribution and analytics
- Distribution lists
- Geographic targeting
- Industry targeting
- Demographic targeting
- Public policy services
- Newstrak reports
Read on as we reveal Business Wire’s products, run through the features and benefits, and weigh the pros and cons of partnering with them. We’ll also look at some customer reviews.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
Selecting the best distribution for your business comes down to four things:
- Business needs
- Products and services offered
- Reputation and track record
Snapshot of Business Wire’s PR Services
Business Wire offers several distribution packages. Detailed information on its press release distribution packages can be obtained by contacting Business Wire.
Pricing for these packages is not presented on the Business Wire website, meaning you must contact Business Wire to learn more about pricing. Additionally, Business Wire has mostly good customer reviews, which makes it a great option to consider.
Business Wire Services and Pricing
Business Wire’s package pricing depends on the customer. However, the website provides estimates for a standard 400-words:
- Local ($475) — Distribution to city, metro, and state-level news outlets. All packages receive the ability to submit and distribute a press release 24/7 with around-the-clock editorial services. NewsTrak Reports offer insight into audience metrics and PR analytics.
- Regional ($510) — Distribution to news outlets in any region of the US.
- National ($940) — Nationwide distribution to Business Wire’s news outlet services.
You can get a more tailored quote by contacting Business Wire by phone, by email, or by using the website’s contact form.
Features and Benefits
The main thing businesses want from a press release service is a wide distribution network, meaning it’ll stand a better chance of making the news. Businesses want the best writers, this improves the chances that they are picked up by journalists and news outlets. Beyond this, everything else is icing on the cake.
Business Wire offers beneficial features businesses need, including:
- Distribution via the industry’s only patented news network, NX. Business Wire provides access to news organizations and other key market participants.
- Delivery into newsrooms using a multi-channel network that includes access to platforms like the Associated Press, Dow Jones, Thomson Reuters, Agence France-Presse, and Bloomberg.
- Free distribution to print and online trade media and industry opinion leaders in your choice of more than 200 vertical market categories.
- Up-to-date web formatting so your links, bold and italic text, bullets, and other style elements carry to downstream sites like Yahoo! Finance and Dow Jones Marketwatch.
- Free social media sharing links, for online readers to submit your news to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other popular sharing sites.
- Free display of your full-color company logo linked to your own website to help your branding efforts.
Pros and Cons of Business Wire’s Services
- Intuitive website
- Customizable distribution
- Wide range of outlets
- Proofreads every distribution
- Ability to pre-schedule a press release
- Clear, in-depth reports
- Excellent customer service
- Expensive, according to customer reviews
How to Submit an Business Wire Press Release
- Pay a visit to Business Wire’s website
- Click on “Submit a Press Release”
- Create your account
Business Wire’s Customer Reviews
We measure reputation by looking at reviews of actual Business Wire customers. Here are some reviews taken from the TrustRadius website:
“Business Wire is not a good solution for generating true news coverage. Wire services in general do not yield true earned media results. A wire service like Business Wire is best for generating good SEO and visibility in web crawling services like Google Alerts. If a company is public, it’s also good for reaching investors through tying news to a stock symbol.”—Scott Merritt
“For clients that have the budget, I would definitely recommend using Business Wire to distribute their news. If they set up Google Alerts, they’ll soon start to see the results in their alerts, which is very exciting and can help drive greater traffic to their website and encourage greater awareness of key announcements.”—Jess Messenger
We like Business Wire because of its intuitive website. It provides customizable distribution, a wide range of outlets, clear reporting, and offers proofreading on all press releases. Although customer reviews note prices as being high, Business Wire’s services are beneficial, and it has a mostly positive reputation and track record of customer service.
Overall, we think you may want to choose Business Wire if you have a larger budget because its services are worth the price.
Choose eReleases because it offers the best press release distribution services with affordable pricing options.
Press Release FAQs
Does Business Wire have transparent pricing?
No, Business Wire does not have transparent pricing for the packages on its website. You must contact Business Wire for information on its packages and pricing.
Do I need to create an account to submit a press release with Business Wire?
Yes, you do need to create an account in order to submit a press release with Business Wire.
Does Business Wire offer proofreading?
Yes, Business Wire proofreads every press release before distribution.
Is it easy to contact Business Wire for more information?
Yes, it is easy to contact Business Wire for more information. Business Wire has a contact form, email address, phone numbers, and office locations listed under the “Contact Us” tab on its website.
How do I write a press release?
The easiest way to write a press release on your own is to use a template and modify it. You can use the instructions below to help guide you.
PR writing instructions:
- The main thing to focus on is the headline. It should capture the reader instantly.
- Next, write your lede statement or the first sentence. It should explain the entirety of your news.
- Structure the next couple of paragraphs in order of importance.
- Finish off by affixing boilerplate (“about us”) text followed by your contact information.
It is important to include the date your press release was created. Doing this will help the journalists and news outlets know the best time to report on the news. For more information on how to write a press release, check out our guide, which walks you through the entire process step by step.
What is a press release?
Press releases provide information to news outlets about a company. The purpose of writing a press release, or news release, is to inform readers of an event or issue and to draw their attention to the story.
The purpose of this type of writing is to entertain, subtly influence, and persuade. Avoid coming off as sales-like.
If you want your press releases to go viral, you’ll need to make sure that the information you provide has a strong enough call to action. Readers will be curious about what you have to say and spread the news about your business.
How do I send a press release?
Sending out a press release can be complicated and time-consuming. Most businesses opt to outsource to a service like eReleases. These companies specialize in writing and distributing to a wide audience.
If you do decide to distribute your news release yourself, you’ll need to contact each and every media outlet, inquire about how to submit your press release for publication, and follow their instructions. It will help to follow their instruction carefully, this will increase the chances of your PR will being reported on.
How do I format a press release?
The best way to approach formatting a press release is to use a template. Using a template will help to make sure you format the document correctly and save on errors.
If you want us to walk you through the proper press release format, check out our guide on how to write a press release.