Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether CISION PR Newswire or 24-7 Press Release is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
CISION PR Newswire vs. 24-7 Press Release: Which is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
CISION PR Newswire offers distribution packages based on location that, while not always budget-friendly, offer specific features to get your distribution noticed. 24-7 Newswire’s basic package is very affordable at $19, and although it offers good social media engagement, its distribution net is fairly limited. Go with CISION PR Newswire (the winner) to get better outreach and choose the one that has the best distribution.
If you want a well-known, wide press release distribution network, visit CISION PR Newswire.
If you want to focus on social media targeting and save money by skipping out on additional distribution options, visit 24-7 Press Release.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do CISION PR Newswire and 24-7 Press Release Have in Common?
By all accounts, both CISION PR Newswire and 24-7 Press Release have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both offer competitive package rates depending on the features you want to focus on.
- Ease of Use: CISION PR Newswire and 24-7 Press Release have user-friendly sites, making it easy to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that make it easy to reach out to a lot of people. These include SEO enhancements, digital distribution, and subscribing journals.
- Customer Service: Both CISION PR Newswire and 24-7 Press Release, have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
CISION PR Newswire: Prices
- State and Local – $355+
- Regional – $475+
- National – $835
24-7 Press Release: Prices
- Simple Post – $19
- Visibility Boost – $49
- PR Network Plus – $89
- Integrated Media PRO – $139
- Mass Media Visibility – $389
CISION PR Newswire: Ease of Use
- Visit the CISION PR Newswire website
- Click on “Get Started”
- Fill out the signup form
- Select “Create My Account”
24-7 Press Release: Ease of Use
- Visit the 24-7 Press Release website
- Select “Pricing & Press Distribution” under “Products & Services”
- Choose your package and select “Buy Now”
- Click “Register Now”
- Follow the prompt to fill out your press release form
CISION PR Newswire Features
- State and Local — Submission of a 400-word press release to any US state, New York metropolitan area, or New Jersey plus New York City. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network, including more than 4,000 websites and 3,000 media outlets as well as access to 20,000+ PR Newswire for Journalists email subscribers.
- Regional — Submission of a 400-word press release to any region of the US or one of the top market lists. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network and the PR Newswire for Journalists subscribers.
- National — Nationwide distribution of a 400-word press release. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network and PR Newswire for Journalists.
PR Newswire membership also includes 24/7 customer service support, editorial staff support, audience engagement consultations, and marketing webinars.
24-7 Press Release Features
- Simple Post — One press release posted on the 24-7 Press Release homepage.
- Visibility Boost — Includes one press release sent to over 50 news websites, appearances on Google, Bing, and Yahoo, access to both journalists and bloggers through the site’s Media Desk, and access to press release statistics.
- PR Network PLUS — Includes all the benefits of the Visibility Boost package, plus over 80 premium news websites, submission to the Associated Press (accessed by over 30,000 journalists), next-day turnaround options, and the ability to attach a relevant YouTube video.
- Integrated Media PRO —All the benefits in the PR Network PLUS package, plus submission to the company’s database of over 3,000 US newspapers and over 1,500 magazines. Other features include submission to over 125 premium news websites, appearances on 24-7 Newswire sites, and submission to the 24-7 Press Release Twitter feed.
- Mass Media Visibility — Includes all the benefits mentioned above, plus submission to over 4,500 PR Newswire websites.
Both CISION PR Newswire and 24-7 Press Release exhibited diligent customer service when we reached out to them.
CISION PR Newswire
CISION PR Newswire offers phone support and online support.
- To reach them by phone, call Cision Distribution at (888) 776-0942 between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- To reach them online, visit their website, select “Contact” from the header, and select “General Inquiries.” You will be prompted to fill out a contact form.
24-7 Press Release
24-7 Press Release offers phone support and email support.
- To reach them by phone, call (646) 417-8294 Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time.
- To reach them by email, visit their website and click on “Contact Us.” You’ll be prompted to fill out a contact form that will be sent directly to their team.
Here are some customer reviews for CISION PR Newswire and 24-7 Press Release from trustworthy, third-party online review sites.
CISION PR Newswire
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from TrustRadius written by customers who have used CISION PR Newswire to help spread the news about their business:
“We receive PR Newswire and sometimes will use info from that in stories published online by my company. It is something helpful when trying to pull needed information that an entity or school will put out to get their word out. It helps us just put in info without having to track down more info. It’s well-suited when trying to push a product or idea that doesn’t need much elaboration. At times we need information and it’s just there, like a magic trick from a brilliant magic man. An area of improvement is not coming across so “PR-y.” But I guess that’s the job of the person writing it and a news person’s job to decipher it.”
“PR Newswire is a basic wire distribution service, so it’s best used for releases that you need to reach a wide audience but don’t necessarily need to hyper-target demographically. There are a number of distribution channel options, but most of them are fairly generic when compared to other more intense services such as Business Wire. However, the price of PR Newswire is also significantly lower, so for what you pay, it more than exceeds expectations.”
“PR Newswire is well suited for organizations with a significant public relations budget that want to quickly disseminate a news release over the wire to a specific targeted group of recipients. It’s probably not a suitable solution for smaller companies or “boutique” public relations agency unless the distribution cost is to be directly passed on to the client because it is quite expensive.”
24-7 Press Release
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from G2 written by customers who have used 24-7 Press Release to help spread the news about their business.
“The possibility to choose different price levels and upgrades makes it accessible to companies that otherwise would not be able to afford it, but also to anyone interested in having add-on and more advanced features at an extra cost. The interface is very user-friendly and easy to use, so it does not require any prior expertise in media communications.”
“It’s easy to use. Anyone can be trained to use it, It’s not specialized just for PR professionals. It has options based on price levels on what will work best for your company and needs.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
CISION PR Newswire has a bigger distribution spread, and both services have easy submission avenues. In our opinion, CISION PR Newswire’s ability to target specific areas is a distinct advantage that makes them the better press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose CISION PR Newswire if:
You want to work with CISION PR Newswire to create a customized distribution process.
Choose 24-7 Press Release If:
You want to focus on social media presence and would like a more affordable option to expand your domestic reach.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do both CISION PR Newswire and 24-7 Press Release offer writing services?
Only 24-7 Press Release offers press release writing services through a third-party partner, while CISION PR Newswire offers some extras like SEO enhancements and press release editorial. If you choose CISION PR Newswire, you will have to hire a writer for the press release or do it yourself.
24-7 Press Release expressly advises clients to choose the services of its partner to get top-notch writing that is attractive and error-free.
Who charges more for its basic package CISION PR Newswire or 24-7 Press Release?
While 24-7 Press Release only offers its basic package for $19 for a traditional release for just a day. CISION PR Newswire accepts $350 for its lowest package, which comes with annual dues that must be paid. CISION PR Newswire charges significantly more for their services.
Do both CISION PR Newswire and 24-7 Press Release allow online submissions?
Both services offer online submissions to make it convenient for their clients to submit and pay for their press releases.
Does CISION PR Newswire or 24-7 Press Release have the more expensive higher-end package?
Both offer higher-end packages; however, CISION PR Newswire has the most expensive package based on their extensive coverage. 24-7 Press Release’s most expensive package is $389, the Mass Media visibility package, which contains press release distributions to over 4,500 websites.
Do both CISION PR Newswire or 24-7 Press Release allow you to submit pictures for your press release?
CISION PR Newswire allows pictures to be added to the press release. 24-7 Press Release, similarly, allows pictures to be added to the press release and other multimedia recordings like videos.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.