Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether CISION PR Newswire or NewswireJet is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
CISION PR Newswire vs. NewswireJet: Which Is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
CISION PR Newswire offers distribution packages based on location that aren’t always budget-friendly, plus they require businesses to purchase an annual membership in order to distribute a press release. NewswireJet’s basic package lacks many of the desired features found in their premium packages, but their basic package only costs $59.
If you want the best customizable press release distribution service visit CISION PR Newswire.
If you want a more affordable package with full analytic reports, visit NewswireJet.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do CISION PR Newswire and NewswireJet Have in Common?
By all accounts, both CISION PR Newswire and NewswireJet have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both offer competitive package rates depending on the features you want to focus on.
- Ease of Use: CISION PR Newswire and NewswireJet have user-friendly sites, making it easy to distribute a press release.
- Extra Services: Both companies offer additional services that make it easy to reach out to a lot of people. These include SEO enhancements, digital distribution, and subscribing journals.
- Customer Service: Both CISION PR Newswire and NewswireJet, have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
CISION PR Newswire: Prices
- State and Local – $355+
- Regional – $475+
- National – $835
- News Power – $59
- Buzz Maker – $99
- Buzz Maker Plus – $149
CISION PR Newswire: Ease of Use
- Visit the CISION PR Newswire website
- Click on “Get Started”
- Fill out the signup form
- Select “Create My Account”
NewswireJet: Ease of Use
- Visit the NewswireJet website
- Click on “Get Started”
- Fill out the contact form to sign up
- Click “Register” to proceed to package selection and checkout.
CISION PR Newswire Features
- State and Local — Submission of a 400-word press release to any US state, New York metropolitan area, or New Jersey plus New York City. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network, including more than 4,000 websites and 3,000 media outlets as well as access to 20,000+ PR Newswire for Journalists email subscribers.
- Regional — Submission of a 400-word press release to any region of the US or one of the top market lists. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network and the PR Newswire for Journalists subscribers.
- National — Nationwide distribution of a 400-word press release. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network and PR Newswire for Journalists.
PR Newswire membership also includes 24/7 customer service support, editorial staff support, audience engagement consultations, and marketing webinars.
- News Power — This basic package includes press release distribution, placement on Google News and Bing News, and at least 250 guaranteed placements. This is a good package for those who are new to press distribution services and, as the company’s website puts it, “test the waters” of distribution.
- Buzz Maker — This is for businesses that want more coverage but that do not need writing services. It includes everything in the News Power package, plus at least 420 guaranteed placements, access to the company’s premium news network, and features on major news networks like NBC, FOX, CBS, ABC, and CW (as well as their affiliates).
- Buzz Maker Plus — This is NewswireJet’s “total package” tier for those who want all of their PR handled by professionals. It includes everything in the Buzz Power package, plus professional press release writing services.
Both CISION PR Newswire and NewswireJet exhibited diligent customer service when we reached out to them.
CISION PR Newswire
CISION PR Newswire offers phone support and online support.
- To reach them by phone, call Cision Distribution at (888) 776-0942 between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- To reach them online, visit their website, select “Contact” from the header, and select “General Inquiries.” You will be prompted to fill out a contact form.
NewswireJet offers email support and chat support.
- To reach them by email, subscribe to the NewswireJet email list and receive email contact information.
- To reach them by chat, visit their website and click on the chat icon in the bottom right corner. You will then be matched with a representative to chat with.
Here are some customer reviews for CISION PR Newswire and NewswireJet from customers who have used their services.
CISION PR Newswire
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from TrustRadius written by customers who have used CISION PR Newswire to help spread the news about their business:
“We receive PR Newswire and sometimes will use info from that in stories published online by my company. It is something helpful when trying to pull needed information that an entity or school will put out to get their word out. It helps us just put in info without having to track down more info. It’s well-suited when trying to push a product or idea that doesn’t need much elaboration. At times we need information and it’s just there, like a magic trick from a brilliant magic man. An area of improvement is not coming across so “PR-y.” But I guess that’s the job of the person writing it and a news person’s job to decipher it.”
“PR Newswire is a basic wire distribution service, so it’s best used for releases that you need to reach a wide audience but don’t necessarily need to hyper-target demographically. There are a number of distribution channel options, but most of them are fairly generic when compared to other more intense services such as Business Wire. However, the price of PR Newswire is also significantly lower, so for what you pay, it more than exceeds expectations.”
“PR Newswire is well suited for organizations with a significant public relations budget that want to quickly disseminate a news release over the wire to a specific targeted group of recipients. It’s probably not a suitable solution for smaller companies or “boutique” public relations agency unless the distribution cost is to be directly passed on to the client because it is quite expensive.”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from G2 written by customers who have used NewswireJet to help spread the news about their business:
“ I have done a couple of releases with NewswireJet and their services has been particularly helpful in connecting with my audience each time I publish a PR on their platform. They help to review and correct any mistakes that may affect the quality of the press release submitted.”
These guys handle your business like it is theirs. They go over and beyond to make sure you are satisfied. no cutting corners and no false services! I’d gladly recommend them to anyone looking to try press releases as an added option to get their businesses out there. You receive a totally personalized communication from the owners/managers and they stay with you all through.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
CISION PR Newswire and NewswireJet offer almost the same as far as distribution is concerned, with CISION PR Newswire providing a bigger spread. However, in our opinion, CISION PR Newswire’s customizable packages offer distinct advantages that make them the better press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose CISION PR Newswire If:
You want to join a large, well-known distribution network and receive member benefits for a higher price.
Choose NewswireJet If:
You want analytics reports and are interested in paying more for press release writing services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do both CISION PR Newswire and NewswireJet offer writing services?
Only NewswireJet offers press release writing services in its premium packages. If you choose CISION PR Newswire, you will have to hire a writer for the press release or do it yourself.
NewswireJet expressly advised clients to choose the services of its writers to get top-notch writing that is attractive and error-free.
Who charges more for its basic package CISION PR Newswire or NewswireJet?
While NewswireJet only offers its basic package for $59 for a traditional release, CISION PR Newswire accepts $350 for its lowest package which comes with an annual dues that must be paid. CISION PR Newswire charges significantly more for their basic package.
Do both CISION PR Newswire and NewswireJet allow online submissions?
Both services offer online submissions to make it convenient for their clients to submit and pay for the press release.
Do both CISION PR Newswire and NewswireJet allow you to submit pictures for your press release?
CISION PR Newswire allows pictures to be added to the press release, and NewswireJet, similarly, allows pictures to be added to the press release.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that offers superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A PR distribution company can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
The distribution services usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you must write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it or not depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcast locally.
How do I increase the chance that my press release is picked up by the media?
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success. Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
We get a lot of questions about this in our inbox every time we mention or talk about press releases. Since they are still used so commonly and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
We’re frequently asked how to make a press release stand out. In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and find inspiration from those who were successful before you.