Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether CISION PRWeb or NewswireJet is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
CISION PRWeb vs. NewswireJet: Which is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
CISION PRWeb charges $99 for its basic package which allows you to increase your visibility by having a press release permanently hosted on PRWeb.com. This basic package is limited; however, CISION PRWeb’s more premium packages include features like syndication across hundreds of media partners, social media support, and emailing your release directly to industry-specific influencers.
Similar to CISION PRWeb, NewswireJet’s basic package lacks many of the desired features found in their premium packages, but their basic package only costs $59. Go with CISION PRWeb (the winner) to get specialized service and work with the CISION team to pick the press release package that best suits your needs.
If you want the best press release with a wide distribution network, visit CISION PRWeb.
If you want a more affordable package with full analytic reports, visit NewswireJet.
To view all the PR services we've reviewed, check out our Best Press Release Distribution Services of 2021 and find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do CISION PRWeb and NewswireJet Have in Common?
By all accounts, both CISION PRWeb and NewswireJet have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both offer competitive pricing for press release distribution.
- Ease of Use: CISION PRWeb and NewswireJet have user-friendly websites, making it easy to distribute a press release
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that increase the reach of your press release. These include search engine optimization, detailed reporting, and access to top-tier media outlets.
- Customer Service: Both CISION PRWeb and NewswireJet have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
CISION PRWeb: Prices
- Basic – $99
- Standard – $189
- Advanced – $289
- Premium – $389
- News Power – $59
- Buzz Maker – $99
- Buzz Maker Plus – $149
CISION PRWeb: Ease of Use
- Visit the CISION PRWeb website
- Click on “Create a Free Account & Get Started”
- Select a package
- Check out
NewswireJet: Ease of Use
- Visit the NewswireJet website
- Click on “Get Started”
- Fill out the contact form to sign up
- Click “Register” to proceed to package selection and checkout
CISION PRWeb Features
- Basic — This package gets you permanent hosting of a single press release on the PRWeb website to increase web visibility on Google, Bing, and other search engines.
- Standard — This package offers the ability to syndicate a press release on hundreds of media platforms and permanent hosting of a single press release on the PRWeb website.
- Advanced — With this package, you can email your press release directly to industry-focused influencers, permanent hosting of a single press release on the PRWeb website, and syndicate a press release on hundreds of media platforms.
- Premium— The Premium package allows you to distribute your press release to industry-curated Twitter feeds and influential blogger networks, email your press release directly to industry-focused influencers, permanent hosting of a single press release on the PRWeb website, and syndicate a press release on hundreds of media platforms.
- News Power — This basic package includes press release distribution, placement on Google News and Bing News, and at least 250 guaranteed placements. This is a good package for those who are new to press distribution services and, as the company’s website puts it, “test the waters” of distribution.
- Buzz Maker— This is for businesses that want more coverage but that do not need writing services. It includes everything in the News Power package, plus at least 420 guaranteed placements, access to the company’s premium news network, and features on major news networks like NBC, FOX, CBS, ABC, and CW (as well as their affiliates).
- Buzz Maker Plus — This is NewswireJet’s “total package” tier for those who want all of their PR handled by professionals. It includes everything in the Buzz Power package, plus professional press release writing services.
Both CISION PRWeb and NewswireJet exhibited prompt customer service when we reached out to them.
CISION PRWeb offers phone support and email support.
- To reach them by phone, call 1-877-297-8912.
- To reach them by email, visit the PRWeb website and click on “Contact Us.” From there, fill out the attached contact submission form.
NewswireJet offers email support and chat support.
- To reach them by email, subscribe to the NewswireJet email list and receive email contact information.
To reach them by chat, visit their website and click on the chat icon in the bottom right corner. You will then be matched with a representative to chat with.
Here are some customer reviews for CISION PRWeb and NewswireJet from trustworthy third-party online review sites.
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Trustpilot website written by customers who have used CISION PRWeb to help spread the news about their business:
“I recently had to write a Press Release for our small company. PRweb rocked it! Not only did their resources help me get my thoughts together but they also reviewed it before posting. They caught a stupid typo!!!I just wanted to say they made me, and ultimately our company, look good.”
“If you need someone for your publicity online then this is the go to place. Their services are a little costlier but these guys are amazing. They write amazing stuff for your sites and post on reputed media websites. These guys do an awesome PR job but their services are a bit costly for sure.Add a nice spin to your biz”
“I am satisfied with their service. Customer support is good.”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from G2 written by customers who have used NewswireJet to help spread the news about their business:
“ I have done a couple of releases with NewswireJet and their services has been particularly helpful in connecting with my audience each time I publish a PR on their platform. They help to review and correct any mistakes that may affect the quality of press release submitted.”
“These guys handle your business like it is theirs. They go over and beyond to make sure you are satisfied. no cutting corners and no false services! I’d gladly recommend them to anyone looking to try press releases as an added option to get their businesses out there. You receive a totally personalized communication from the owners/managers and they stay with you all through.”
“Good customer relationship, quick response to request and quality delivery”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
CISION PRWeb and NewswireJet offer standard press releases and both have additional package options you can opt to add to reach a broader audience. However, in our opinion, CISION PRWeb’s network of media partners and ability to directly email press releases to industry-specific leaders make them the best press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose CISION PRWeb If:
You want a wide distribution network with a highly customized distribution process.
Choose NewswireJet If:
You want excellent analytic reports and are interested in paying a bit more for their premium package that includes press release writing features.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have my press release distributed to premium media outlets with both CISION PRWeb and Newswire Jet?
Yes, both CISION PRWeb and Newswire Jet offer distribution to premium media outlets.
Will I have the support of a consultant with both CISION PRWeb and Newswire Jet?
CISION PRWeb focuses on consulting and assistance throughout the press release process. Newswire Jet offers support but does not offer side-by-side consulting.
Do both CISION PRWeb and Newswire Jet have analytical reporting for each press release?
Yes, CISION PRWeb and Newswire Jet offer press release reporting that will show user interaction and audience reach.
Do either CISION PRWeb or Newswire Jet offer writing support?
No, CISION PRWeb focuses on monitoring and distribution services and does not offer writing support. Newswire Jet has press release writing available in their Buzz Maker Plus package.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.