Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether eReleases or CISION PR Newswire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
eReleases vs. CISION PR Newswire: Which is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
CISION PR Newswire offers distribution packages based on location that aren’t always budget-friendly, plus they require businesses to purchase an annual membership in order to distribute a press release. On the other hand, eReleases only charges $299 for its basic package, which includes a wider distribution reach that includes PR Newswire’s own network. Go with eReleases (the winner) to get a better deal for your press release distribution.
If you want the best press release distribution including on CISION PR Newswire, visit eReleases.
If you want to be part of a wide-reaching distribution community and do not have a strict budget, visit CISION PR Newswire.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Does eReleases and CISION PR Newswire Have in Common?
By all accounts, both eReleases and CISION PR Newswire have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: eReleases is overall less expensive than CISION PR Newswire, and CISION PR Newswire’s pricing is not easy to find.
- Ease of Use: eReleases and CISION PR Newswire have user-friendly websites, making the actual distribution process simple.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that enhance the value of their packages. These include digital distribution, syndication, and more.
- Customer Service: Both eReleases and CISION PR Newswire have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
- Buzz Builder™ $299
- Newsmaker™ $399
- PR Pro™ $599
CISION PR Newswire: Prices
- State and Local – $355+
- Regional – $475+
- National – $835
Note that these prices are based on a 400-word news release. PR Newswire customers must also sign up for an annual membership starting at $195.
eReleases: Ease of Use
- Visit the eReleases website
- Click on “Place Order”
- Fill out a short form
- Click on “Start your press release order!”
CISION PR Newswire: Ease of Use
- Visit the CISION PR Newswire website
- Click on “Get Started”
- Fill out the signup form
- Select “Create My Account”
- Buzz Builder — Submission of a 400-word press release to a considerable number of media channel outlets. Customers also receive proof of delivery, circulation among 100,000+ journalists, and distribution to one industry or locally targeted list.
- Newsmaker — Submission of a 500-word press release to a considerable number of media channel outlets. Customers also receive proof of delivery, circulation among 100,000+ journalists, and distribution to two industry or locally targeted lists.
- PR Pro — Submission of a 600-word press release to a considerable number of media channel outlets. Customers also receive proof of delivery, circulation among 100,000+ journalists, distribution to three industry or locally targeted lists, and PR True Pitch targeted distribution services.
CISION PR Newswire Features
- State and Local — Submission of a 400-word press release to any US state, New York metropolitan area, or New Jersey plus New York City. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network, including more than 4,000 websites and 3,000 media outlets as well as access to 20,000+ PR Newswire for Journalists email subscribers.
- Regional — Submission of a 400-word press release to any region of the US or one of the top market lists. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network and the PR Newswire for Journalists subscribers.
- National — Nationwide distribution of a 400-word press release. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network and PR Newswire for Journalists.
PR Newswire membership also includes 24/7 customer service support, editorial staff support, audience engagement consultations, and marketing webinars.
Both eReleases and CISION PR Newswire exhibited helpful customer service when we reached out to them. Though eReleases does not offer 24/7 phone support, online support is available 24/7/365.
eReleases offers chat support and phone support.
- To reach support by phone, call them at (800) 710-5535 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern time.
- To reach support online, visit the eReleases website, click on “CHAT,” and fill out the fields. You can also send them an email by selecting “Contact” and filling out your information.
CISION PR Newswire
CISION PR Newswire offers phone support and online support.
- To reach them by phone, call Cision Distribution at (888) 776-0942 between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- To reach them online, visit their website, select “Contact” from the header, and select “General Inquiries.” You will be prompted to fill out a contact form.
Here are some customer reviews for eReleases and CISION PR Newswire from trustworthy third-party online review sites.
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Chamber of Commerce written by customers who have used eReleases to help spread the news about their business.
“It gives me all major news outlets through the newswire service for press releases.
“Thank you dear friends for your efforts. We already have a huge story in Variety thanks to your getting the press release out. It’s really great for us!”
“Actually the press release worked really well. It created a busy day… Good problem to have. Phones rang a lot this morning.”
CISION PR Newswire
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from TrustRadius written by customers who have used CISION PR Newswire to help spread the news about their business:
“We receive PR Newswire and sometimes will use info from that in stories published online by my company. It is something helpful when trying to pull needed information that an entity or school will put out to get their word out. It helps us just put in info without having to track down more info. It’s well-suited when trying to push a product or idea that doesn’t need much elaboration. At times we need information and it’s just there, like a magic trick from a brilliant magic man. An area of improvement is not coming across so “PR-y.” But I guess that’s the job of the person writing it and a news person’s job to decipher it.”
“PR Newswire is a basic wire distribution service, so it’s best used for releases that you need to reach a wide audience but don’t necessarily need to hyper-target demographically. There are a number of distribution channel options, but most of them are fairly generic when compared to other more intense services such as Business Wire. However, the price of PR Newswire is also significantly lower, so for what you pay, it more than exceeds expectations.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
eReleases and CISION PR Newswire both offer online press release distribution services and both have intuitive websites. However, in our opinion, eReleases has some distinct advantages, including lower prices and clearer package information, that make them the best press release distribution company. Plus, eReleases offers distribution through the PR Newswire network.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose eReleases if:
You want access to many distribution channels and a simpler distribution process.
Choose CISION PR Newswire if:
You want to join a large, well-known distribution network and receive member benefits for a higher price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do eReleases and CISION PR Newswire have transparent pricing?
eReleases lists all of their package information with pricing on their website.
CISION PR Newswire does not list their pricing on their website and requires you to contact them to receive more information on their packages and pricing.
Do I need to create an account to submit a press release with eReleases or CISION PR Newswire?
You don’t need to create an account in order to submit a press release with eReleases, but you have the option to create one. CISION PR Newswire requires users to sign up for an annual membership in order to access its press release distribution services.
Does eReleases distribute through CISION PR Newswire?
Yes, eReleases distributes your press release through CISION PR Newswire in all of their packages. This makes eReleases the better deal in our opinion because you have access to the CISION PR Newswire network with eReleases’ lower distribution prices.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that offers superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A PR distribution company can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
The distribution services usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you must write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it or not depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcast locally.
How do I increase the chance that my press release is picked up by the media?
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success. Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
We get a lot of questions about this in our inbox every time we mention or talk about press releases. Since they are still used so commonly and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
We’re frequently asked how to make a press release stand out. In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and find inspiration from those who were successful before you.
5 Tips for Maximizing Your Press Release Distribution