Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether eReleases or PressRelease.com is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
eReleases vs. PressRelease.com: Which is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
While eReleases charges $299 for its basic package, PressRelease.com will do it for $199 but not include any editorial features. Go with eReleases (our top pick) to get SEO support and choose the one with the range of media outlets you would like to distribute to.
If you want the best press release with writing support, visit eReleases.
If you want to reach a global market and don’t mind losing out on writing services, visit PressRelease.com.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Does eReleases and PressRelease.com Have in Common?
By all accounts, both eReleases and PressRelease.com have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both have competitively priced basic and advanced packages.
- Ease of Use: eReleases and PressRelease.com have user-friendly websites, making it easy to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that will increase the audience your press release will reach. These include global media outlets, social media features, and access to premium domestic outlets.
Customer Service: Both eReleases and PressRelease.com have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
- Buzz Builder™ $299
- Newsmaker™ $399
- PR Pro™ $599
- Press Release – $199
- Press Release Plus – $449
- Public Company Press Release – $599
eReleases: Ease of Use
- Visit the eReleases website
- Click on “Place Order”
- Fill out a short form
- Click on “Start your press release order!”
PressRelease.com: Ease of Use
- Visit PressRelease.com
- Click on “Submit Your Press Release Today!”
- Select the distribution plan you would like to use
- Click “Order Now” and fill out the required prompts
- Buzz Builder — Submission of a 400-word press release to a considerable number of media channel outlets. Customers also receive proof of delivery, circulation among 100,000+ journalists, and distribution to one industry or locally targeted list.
- Newsmaker — Submission of a 500-word press release to a considerable number of media channel outlets. Customers also receive proof of delivery, circulation among 100,000+ journalists, and distribution to two industry or locally targeted lists.
- PR Pro — Submission of a 600-word press release to a considerable number of media channel outlets. Customers also receive proof of delivery, circulation among 100,000+ journalists, distribution to three industry or locally targeted lists, and PR True Pitch targeted distribution services.
- Press Release — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News and the Newswire distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in Associated Press (AP) style and will feature on an industry list.
- Press Release Plus — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News, Yahoo! News, Newswire’s distribution network, and Accesswire’s distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in AP style and will feature on an industry list.
- Public Company Press Release — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News, Yahoo! News, Newswire’s distribution network, and Accesswire’s distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in AP style and will feature on an industry list.
Both eReleases and PressRelease.com exhibited professional customer service when we reached out to them. Though eReleases offers multiple contact options, the support we received through chat support was excellent.
eReleases offers chat support and phone support.
- To reach support by phone, call them at (800) 710-5535 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern time.
- To reach support online, visit the eReleases website, click on “CHAT,” and fill out the fields. You can also send them an email by selecting “Contact” and filling out your information.
PressRelease.com offers both phone support and chat support.
- To reach them by phone, call them at (800) 998-2927.
- To reach them by chat, visit their website and click on the small “Chat” icon in the bottom right corner.
Here are some customer reviews for eReleases and PressRelease.com from online review sites.
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Chamber of Commerce written by customers who have used eReleases to help spread the news about their business.
“It gives me all major news outlets through the newswire service for press releases.
“Thank you dear friends for your efforts. We already have a huge story in Variety thanks to your getting the press release out. It’s really great for us!”
“Actually the press release worked really well. It created a busy day… Good problem to have. Phones rang a lot this morning.”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from the PressRelease.com website written by customers who have used PressRelease.com to help spread the news about their business:
“PressRelease.com helped me from start to finish with my first press release. I really didn’t have any idea what I was doing, so it was nice to have someone actually help me out through the process. Thanks :)”
“These guys handle your business like it is theirs. They go over and beyond to “PressRelease.com was a HUGE help and he stayed on the phone with me for as long as I needed help with all of my questions. I never get customer service like that!”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
eReleases and PressRelease.com offer standard press release packages and both have additional features you can add. However, in our opinion, eReleases has some distinct advantages that make them the best press release distribution company, like SEO services, press release writing, and international distribution.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose eReleases if:
You don’t mind spending a bit more on a basic package to also have access to writing support.
Choose PressRelease.com if:
You need to reach a specific audience and don’t mind losing out on writing services while gaining access to more high-end packages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do both eReleases and PressRelease.com have access to high-quality media outlets?
eReleases includes access to premium media outlets in their basic package. With PressRelease.com, you can opt to add in high-quality outlets for an additional cost.
Can I receive writing support for my press release from both eReleases and PressRelease.com?
No, only eReleases offers writing and SEO features.
Which company charges less for one basic press release, eReleases or PressRelease.com?
eReleases charges $299 for their basic package which includes access to premium outlets and writing support. PressRelease.com charges $199 for a basic press release distribution to low and medium-tiered media outlets. For premium outlets with PressRelease.com, you would need to select a more advanced package option.
Do both eReleases and PressRelease.com offer reports on the distributed press release?
Yes, both eReleases and PressRelease.com offer standard analytical reports for your press release in their basic packages.
Will eReleases and PressRelease.com both support hyperlinks in their press releases?
Yes, eReleases will support an unlimited amount of hyperlinks in their press releases, and PressRelease.com will support up to six hyperlinks.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.