Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether Linking News or Business Wire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
Linking News vs. Business Wire: Which Is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
While Linking News charges $159 for its basic package, Business Wire’s packages start at $410 and contain fewer features. Go with Linking News (the winner), to get far more services for less money and choose the one that has the best distribution.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do Linking News and Business Wire Have in Common?
By all accounts, both Linking News and Business Wire have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Linking News offers a less expensive basic package. Business Wire bases its prices on word count and geographical location.
- Ease of Use: Linking News and Business Wire both have user-friendly platforms, which make it easy to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that build more value into their products. These include search engine optimization (SEO) enhancements, digital distribution, and more.
Customer Service: Both Linking News and Business Wire have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
Linking News: Prices
- Basic – $159
- Standard – $369
- Silver – $669
- Gold – $1,580
- Chinese Distribution – $880
Business Wire: Prices
- Local – $475
- Regional – $510
- National – $940
Linking News: Ease of Use
- Visit the Linking News website
- Choose a package
- Create and submit your press release
- Check out
Business Wire: Ease of Use
- Visit the Business Wire website
- Click on “Submit a Press Release”
- Create an account by filling out the contact form
- Click “Set up my account”
Linking News Features
- Basic — White label published on 100 news and media sites. This is for one press release. This includes being published on ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS.
- Standard — Placement on 400 news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, and MarketWatch. This is for one press release.
- Silver — Placement on 500+ news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS MarketWatch, AP News, and Yahoo. This is for one press release.
- Gold — Placement on 600+ news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS MarketWatch, AP News, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Benzinga, Street Insider, and many international sites, including Asahi in Japan. This is for one press release.
- Chinese Distribution Plan — Placement on 200+ Chinese news and media sites, including China’s top five media outlets as well as popular sites China.com, Sohu, Sina, Toutiao, China Daily, Phoenix (ifeng.com), and Netease (163.com). This is for one press release and does not include writing or translation services. Submissions must be in Chinese press release format.
Business Wire Features
- Local — Distribution to city, metro, and state-level news outlets. All packages receive the ability to submit and distribute a press release 24/7 with around-the-clock editorial services. NewsTrak Reports offer insight into audience metrics and PR analytics.
- Regional — Distribution to news outlets in any region of the US.
- National — Nationwide distribution to Business Wire’s news outlet services.
Both Linking News and Business Wire exhibited friendly customer service when we reached out to them. Though Linking News only offers online support, the support was prompt, and they were in touch with us within an hour of filling out the contact form.
Business Wire also offers phone support and online support.
- To reach them by phone, call them at 1-888-381-9473.
- To reach them online, you can either email the company at email@example.com, or you can use the contact form on the website by selecting “Contact Us” in the home page’s “About Us” menu.
Here are some customer reviews for Linking News and Business Wire from trustworthy third-party online review sites.
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Trustpilot website written by customers who have used Linking News to help spread the news about their business:
“I found Linking News via Google while searching “private label press release distributor”. What really impressed me was that they claim they do not publish clients’ press releases on their official site and do not attach their brand name to the press release during the whole publishing process. I have used Linking News’ entry-level plan for a while by selling it to my own clients. My clients were very impressed with the service that helped their brands get featured on many national TV news channels, such as ABC, NBC, FOX, etc. They are constantly improving their platform, and hopefully they will add more sites to their distribution network soon!”
“It is super easy to use their service because they do not require any login, I can see everything in a single page. Simply follow the instruction on the press release submission page to submit a press release, there is no word limit by the way.”
“Actually“I have used their service many times, I like their white label feature because I can provide press release distribution services to my own clients. Other PR services do not offer this feature, they always show their brand name on the clients’ press releases. With the white-label feature, I can resell their packages to my clients who have PR needs. Highly recommended!”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from Trustpilot written by customers who have used Business Wire to help spread the news about their business:
“I’ve used Business Wire to distribute News Releases for Various Clients and Enjoy Its Ease of Use”
“Quality Customer Support”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
Linking News and Business Wire offer similar press release distribution services and both distribute information quickly. However, in our opinion, Linking News has a more straightforward package structure that offers premium news outlets, making them the better press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose Linking News if:
You want expansive press release distribution for a reasonable price.
Choose Business Wire if:
You want to use a well-known distribution service that offers multiple mediums.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does ‘white label press release distribution service’ mean?
A white label distribution service means that no mention is ever made indicating that your press release was written by a third party.
How long does it take for my press release to go live?
Most press releases go live 24 to 48 hours after they are approved by the site’s editorial board.
Will my press release appear on major US sites?
Most press release sites guarantee that your press release will appear on major media outlet sites such as CBS, NBC, and FOX.
Are there any press releases which are not acceptable?
Any press releases which are false, deceptive, or misleading and violate local, state, or national laws or statutes are not acceptable.
Will distributing my press release help my SEO?
Making sure to include your site’s URL and top keywords can help to increase your SEO and keyword rankings.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that offers superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A PR distribution company can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
The distribution services usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you must write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it or not depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
How do I increase the chance that my press release is picked up by the media?
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success. Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
We get a lot of questions about this in our inbox every time we mention or talk about press releases. Since they are still used so commonly and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
We’re frequently asked how to make a press release stand out. In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and find inspiration from those who were successful before you.