Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether Linking News or Newswire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
Linking News vs. Newswire: Which Is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
Linking News charges $159 for its basic package, while Newswire charges $199 and does not include access to premium outlets. Go with Linking News (our choice) to get distribution to top media outlets and a package that fits your budget.
If you want to distribute your press release to more outlets, visit Linking News.
If you want to focus more on distributing multiple press releases in general, visit Newswire.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do Linking News and Newswire Have in Common?
By all accounts, both Linking News and Newswire have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both offer reasonably-priced basic packages with standard press release features.
- Ease of Use: Linking News and Newswire have user-friendly package selections, making it easy to make a decision about your press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that add to the number of outlets you have access to. These include the Associated Press, Google News, and premium news sources, such as ABC.
- Customer Service: Both Linking News and Newswire have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
Linking News: Prices
- Basic – $159
- Standard – $369
- Silver – $669
- Gold – $1,580
- Chinese Distribution – $880
- Digital – $199
- Digital Plus – $449
- State – $499
- National – $799
Linking News: Ease of Use
- Visit the Linking News website
- Choose a package
- Create and submit your press release
- Check out
Newswire: Ease of Use
- Visit the Newswire website
- Click on “Let’s Get Started — Press Release Distribution”
- Select a package
- Click “Order Now”
Linking News Features
- Basic — White label published on 100 news and media sites. This is for one press release. This includes being published on ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS.
- Standard — Placement on 400 news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, and MarketWatch. This is for one press release.
- Silver — Placement on 500+ news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS MarketWatch, AP News, and Yahoo. This is for one press release.
- Gold — Placement on 600+ news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS MarketWatch, AP News, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Benzinga, Street Insider, and many international sites, including Asahi in Japan. This is for one press release.
- Chinese Distribution Plan — Placement on 200+ Chinese news and media sites, including China’s top five media outlets as well as popular sites China.com, Sohu, Sina, Toutiao, China Daily, Phoenix (ifeng.com), and Netease (163.com). This is for one press release and does not include writing or translation services. Submissions must be in Chinese press release format.
- Digital — Distribution to the NEWSWIRE digital network, up to six hyperlinks per release and a featured image, up to 500 words, and an included industry list.
- Digital Plus — Distribution to the expanded NEWSWIRE digital network, up to six hyperlinks per release and a featured image, up to 500 words, and includes an industry list. This package also includes a two-tier editorial process from PR Newswire.
- State — Distribution to the expanded NEWSWIRE digital network as well as state-specific sites, increased social media targeting, up to six hyperlinks per release and a featured image, up to 500 words, and includes an industry list. This package also includes a two-tier editorial process from PR Newswire and a detailed analytics report.
- National — National distribution to the expanded NEWSWIRE digital network, social media marketing, up to 500 words, an industry list, and backlinks. This package also includes a two-tier editorial process from PR Newswire and a detailed analytics report.
Both Linking News and Newswire exhibited outstanding customer service when we reached out to them. Though Linking News only offers email support, their response was professional and timely.
Newswire offers phone support and online support.
- To reach them by phone, call (800) 713-7278.
- To reach them by chat, visit their website and click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the page. You’ll be prompted to fill in the contact form.
Here are some customer reviews for Linking News and Newswire from trustworthy third-party online review sites.
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Trustpilot website written by customers who have used Linking News to help spread the news about their business:
“I found Linking News via Google while searching “private label press release distributor”. What really impressed me was that they claim they do not publish clients’ press releases on their official site and do not attach their brand name to the press release during the whole publishing process. I have used Linking News’ entry-level plan for a while by selling it to my own clients. My clients were very impressed with the service that helped their brands get featured on many national TV news channels, such as ABC, NBC, FOX, etc. They are constantly improving their platform, and hopefully they will add more sites to their distribution network soon!”
“It is super easy to use their service because they do not require any login, I can see everything in a single page. Simply follow the instruction on the press release submission page to submit a press release, there is no word limit by the way.”
“Actually“I have used their service many times, I like their white label feature because I can provide press release distribution services to my own clients. Other PR services do not offer this feature, they always show their brand name on the clients’ press releases. With the white-label feature, I can resell their packages to my clients who have PR needs. Highly recommended!”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from Trustpilot written by customers who have used Newswire to help spread the news about their business:
“I have been a customer for over 2 years now, and find their advisors, such as Patrick, very helpful and insightful. We are not a PR firm, but a management consulting firm, learning how to use PR in a more productive way. We have benefited greatly and are learning more and more about how to use press releases properly. If you are new to the scene, working with their people like Patrick makes all the difference in getting your name out there or not. That’s why we still use them!”
“Newswire has been always the number one choice for Vision Help Foundation due to great customer service and affordable service.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
Linking News and Newswire offer substantial distribution options and both have great user support. However, in our opinion, Linking News offers a broader distribution network to users, making them the better press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose Linking News if:
You want to focus on premium news media outlets to reach a broader target audience.
Choose Newswire if:
You want to distribute more than one simple press release for a low price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do both Linking News and Newswire have access to international media outlets?
Linking News has a specialized package for distribution to Chinese media outlets. Newswire has specific packages for Asia, Canada, Latin America, the UK, and other global outlets.
Will either Linking News or Newswire offer me a discounted price for multiple press releases?
Linking News does not have an option to purchase multiple press releases. Newswire offers discounted packages that range from 6 to 24 press releases, with a discount of up to 20%.
Are detailed reports available for my press release from both Linking News and Newswire?
Yes, both Linking News and Newswire have reports for any distributed press release.
Do both Linking News and Newswire have SEO support for my press release?
Linking News offers backlink support from premium media outlets to increase the search engine optimization (SEO) ranking of your website. Newswire will index your press release on search engines to improve rankings.
Will Linking News and Newswire support the multi-media in my press release?
Yes, both Linking News and Newswire offer multi-media support for all of their press releases.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.