Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether Linking News or PressRelease.com is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
Linking News vs. PressRelease.com: Which Is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
While LinkingNews charges $159 for its basic package, PressRelease.com will do it for $199. Go with Linking News (the winner) to get better outreach for a lower base price and choose the service that has the best distribution.
If you want a distribution service with a wide outreach, visit Linking News.
If you want editorial services and multimedia options with each package, visit PressRelease.com.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do Linking News and PressRelease.com Have in Common?
By all accounts, both Linking News and PressRelease.com have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both basic packages are reasonably priced.
- Customer Service: Both Linking News and PressRelease.com have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
- Ease of Use: Linking News and PressRelease.com have user-friendly sites, making it easy to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that make it easy to reach out to a lot of people. These include digital distribution and subscribing journals.
Linking News: Prices
- Basic – $159
- Standard – $369
- Silver – $669
- Gold – $1,580
- Chinese Distribution – $880
- Press Release – $199
- Press Release Plus – $449
- Public Company Press Release – $599
Linking News: Ease of Use
- Visit the Linking News website
- Choose a package
- Create and submit your press release
- Check out
PressRelease.com: Ease of Use
- Visit PressRelease.com
- Click on “Submit Your Press Release Today!”
- Select the distribution plan you would like to use
- Click “Order Now” and fill out the required prompts
Linking News Features
- Basic — White label published on 100 news and media sites. This is for one press release. This includes being published on ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS.
- Standard — Placement on 400 news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, and MarketWatch. This is for one press release.
- Silver — Placement on 500+ news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS MarketWatch, AP News, and Yahoo. This is for one press release.
- Gold — Placement on 600+ news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS MarketWatch, AP News, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Benzinga, Street Insider, and many international sites, including Asahi in Japan. This is for one press release.
- Chinese Distribution Plan — Placement on 200+ Chinese news and media sites, including China’s top five media outlets as well as popular sites China.com, Sohu, Sina, Toutiao, China Daily, Phoenix (ifeng.com), and Netease (163.com). This is for one press release and does not include writing or translation services. Submissions must be in Chinese press release format.
- Press Release — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News and the Newswire distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in Associated Press (AP) style and will feature on an industry list.
- Press Release Plus — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News, Yahoo! News, Newswire’s distribution network, and Accesswire’s distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in AP style and will feature on an industry list.
- Public Company Press Release — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News, Yahoo! News, Newswire’s distribution network, and Accesswire’s distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in AP style and will feature on an industry list.
Both Linking News and PressRelease.com exhibited diligent customer service when we reached out to them. Though Linking News offers only email support, the support was very helpful, and they assisted us in understanding their services.
PressRelease.com offers both phone support and chat support.
- To reach them by phone, call them at (800) 998-2927.
- To reach them by chat, visit their website and click on the small “Chat” icon in the bottom right corner.
Here are some customer reviews for Linking News and PressRelease.com from trustworthy, third-party online review sites.
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Trustpilot website written by customers who have used Linking News to help spread the news about their business:
“I found Linking News via Google while searching “private label press release distributor”. What really impressed me was that they claim they do not publish clients’ press releases on their official site and do not attach their brand name to the press release during the whole publishing process. I have used Linking News’ entry-level plan for a while by selling it to my own clients. My clients were very impressed with the service that helped their brands get featured on many national TV news channels, such as ABC, NBC, FOX, etc. They are constantly improving their platform, and hopefully they will add more sites to their distribution network soon!”
“It is super easy to use their service because they do not require any login, I can see everything in a single page. Simply follow the instruction on the press release submission page to submit a press release, there is no word limit by the way.”
“Actually“I have used their service many times, I like their white label feature because I can provide press release distribution services to my own clients. Other PR services do not offer this feature, they always show their brand name on the clients’ press releases. With the white-label feature, I can resell their packages to my clients who have PR needs. Highly recommended!”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from the PressRelease.com website written by customers who have used PressRelease.com to help spread the news about their business:
“PressRelease.com was a HUGE help and he stayed on the phone with me for as long as I needed helping with all my questions. I never get customer service like that.”
“PressRelease.com helped me from start to finish with my first press release. I didn’t really have an idea of what I was doing, so it was nice to have someone actually help me out throughout the process.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
Linking News and PressRelease.com offer similar distribution packages and both have easy submission avenues. However, in our opinion, Linking News has the bigger reach, which makes them the better press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure about which of these services is best for your needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose Linking News if:
You want a wide distribution net and SEO enhancements for your press release.
Choose PressRelease.com if:
You want a more targeted audience with more multimedia options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do both Linking News and PressRelease.com offer writing services?
Only PressRelease.com offer press release writing services, while Linking News offer some extras like SEO enhancements. If you choose Linking News, you will have to hire a writer for the press release or do it yourself.
Who charges more for its basic package Linking News or PressRelease.com?
While PressRelease.com only offers $199 for its basic package, Linking News accepts $159 for its lowest package. PressRelease.com charges a little more, but they also provide other services. Linking News is more likely to be picked by top media outlets.
Do both Linking News and PressRelease.com allow online submissions?
Both services offer online submissions to make it convenient for their clients to submit and pay for their press release.
Does Linking News or PressRelease.com have the more expensive higher-end package?
Both offer higher-end packages; however, PressRelease.com’s premium Public Company Press Release costs less than Linking News’ highest-tier package at $599. That being said, Linking News’ Gold Plan, valued at $1,680, can get your press release to Yahoo news, Bloomberg, ABC news, and circulate your release in countries like Australia, Japan, China, and New Zealand.
Do both Linking News or PressRelease.com allow you to submit pictures for your press release?
Linking News does not allow you to submit pictures alongside your press release. PressRelease.com ,on the other hand, allows pictures to be added to the press release.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.