Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether Linking News or. RealWire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
Linking News vs. RealWire: Which Is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
RealWire’s basic package costs £149 ($208), but it is exclusive to the United Kingdom. Linking News, on the other hand, charges $159 for its basic package. Go with Linking News to get more outreach at a lower cost, and choose the one that has more services on its basic package.
If you want a press release distribution service with a broad media reach, visit Linking News.
If you want to focus on an internet audience for your press release, visit RealWire.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do Linking News and RealWire Have in Common?
By all accounts, both Linking News and RealWire have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both basic packages are reasonably priced.
- Ease of Use: Linking News and RealWire have user-friendly sites, making it very simple to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that press release samples and creation guides. These include search engine optimization (SEO) enhancements, digital distribution, and more.
- Customer Service: Both Linking News and RealWire have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
Linking News: Prices
- Basic – $159
- Standard – $369
- Silver – $669
- Gold – $1,580
- Chinese Distribution – $880
- Traditional Press Release (Sendit) – £149 ($210)
- Social Media News Release (Blogit) – £229 ($324)
Linking News: Ease of Use
- Visit the Linking News website
- Choose a package
- Create and submit your press release
- Check out
RealWire: Ease of Use
- Visit the RealWire website
- Select “Send Release”
- Create an Account
Linking News Features
- Basic — White label published on 100 news and media sites. This is for one press release. This includes being published on ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS.
- Standard — Placement on 400 news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, and MarketWatch. This is for one press release.
- Silver — Placement on 500+ news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS MarketWatch, AP News, and Yahoo. This is for one press release.
- Gold — Placement on 600+ news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS MarketWatch, AP News, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Benzinga, Street Insider, and many international sites, including Asahi in Japan. This is for one press release.
- Chinese Distribution Plan — Placement on 200+ Chinese news and media sites, including China’s top five media outlets as well as popular sites China.com, Sohu, Sina, Toutiao, China Daily, Phoenix (ifeng.com), and Netease (163.com). This is for one press release and does not include writing or translation services. Submissions must be in Chinese press release format.
- Sendit — Submission of one press release with an unlimited word count to over 4,500 news contacts. Businesses can also have their press releases posted on language-specific sites for an extra cost, plus SEO services.
- Blogit — Submission of one press release with an unlimited word count to over 4,500 news contacts. Press releases can include media files, and businesses can receive comments on their releases. Language-specific website postings are available for an additional cost, and businesses receive SEO services.
Both Linking News and RealWire exhibited responsible and responsive customer service when we reached out to them. Though Linking News offers only email and phone support, the support was helpful and they explained their packages and services to us.
RealWire offers phone support and email support.
- To reach them by phone, call them Monday through Friday (8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time) at +44 (0)1522 883640.
- To reach them by email, visit their website and click on one of the contact options. From there, you can email them directly through their contact form.
Here are some customer reviews for Linking News and RealWire from trustworthy third-party online review sites.
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Trustpilot website written by customers who have used Linking News to help spread the news about their business:
“I found Linking News via Google while searching “private label press release distributor”. What really impressed me was that they claim they do not publish clients’ press releases on their official site and do not attach their brand name to the press release during the whole publishing process. I have used Linking News’ entry-level plan for a while by selling it to my own clients. My clients were very impressed with the service that helped their brands get featured on many national TV news channels, such as ABC, NBC, FOX, etc. They are constantly improving their platform, and hopefully they will add more sites to their distribution network soon!”
“It is super easy to use their service because they do not require any login, I can see everything in a single page. Simply follow the instruction on the press release submission page to submit a press release, there is no word limit by the way.”
“Actually“I have used their service many times, I like their white label feature because I can provide press release distribution services to my own clients. Other PR services do not offer this feature, they always show their brand name on the clients’ press releases. With the white-label feature, I can resell their packages to my clients who have PR needs. Highly recommended!”
There are no reviews for RealWire on any verified review platforms like Trustpilot, Chamber of Commerce, or SiteJabber. The only customer reviews were posted on RealWire’s website:
“Over the last three years I have come to rely on the team at RealWire not only for the consistent high level of service but also for the speed with which they deliver it. With every release I receive a rapid confirmation from someone and if there is ever an issue it is resolved quickly. This gives me the assurance that the eventual hiccups that arise never delay an important announcement.”
“I have used RealWire for well over a decade, from both agency and in-house positions, to provide a professional, cost effective service in the technology sector. It has always known that the model of charging ‘per word’ is absurd and was one of the first of its kind to make it simple and cost-effective to send images and other media as part of the news. The results mean that Realwire is a company I’ve always been happy to return to.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
Linking News and RealWire offer almost the same distribution and services, and both have easy platforms to navigate for submitting a press release. However, in our opinion, Linking News offers more distribution options, making them the better press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose Linking News if:
You want to focus on premium outlets to reach a broader audience.
Choose RealWire if:
You want a more social media-focused press release distribution service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do both Linking News and RealWire offer writing services?
Neither company offers writing services. RealWire advises clients to seek the service of a freelancer to help write the press release, though they do offer editorial services. If you choose Linking News, you will have to hire a writer for your press release or write it yourself.
Who charges more for its basic package and higher-end package between Linking News or RealWire?
While Linking News only offers $159 for its basic package, RealWire accepts £149 ($208) for its lowest package and it runs for just a day. Linking News charges significantly lower prices, yet, they also provide other services. Linking News is more likely to distribute a press release to a top media outlet.
Both offer higher-end packages; however, Linking News has the more expensive package based on their extensive coverage. The most expensive package on Linking News is called the Gold plan and is valued at $1,680. Included features are getting your press release to Yahoo news, Bloomberg, ABC News, and several others, and circulating your press release to countries like Australia, Japan, China, and New Zealand. The highest package on Realwire is an extended distribution package that costs £499 ($694), which runs for 10 days.
Do both Linking News and RealWire allow online submissions?
Yes, both services offer online submissions to make it convenient for their clients to submit and pay for the press release.
Do both Linking News or RealWire allow you to submit pictures for your press release?
Linking News does not allow you to submit pictures alongside your press release. However, RealWire does allow pictures, videos, and audio to be added to the press release.
Do both Linking News and RealWire display samples?
Both services present several samples to their customers to use for inspiration.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.