Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether PressRelease.com or Newswire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
PressRelease.com vs. Newswire: Which is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let us first outline which is the better overall deal.
PressRelease.com includes editorial services and excels at international distribution. Their basic package is $199 and offers an unlimited word count with SEO (search engine optimization) integration to further help your business’s rankings. Newswire charges the same price for their basic plan and boasts an extensive network of journalists and news outlets for their distribution plans. Like PressRelease.com, they offer SEO services, but they have a limited basic plan that lacks extensive editing features. Go with PressRelease.com (the winner) to receive support when crafting your press release and improve your global distribution.
If you want the best global press release distribution service and assistance with crafting your press release, visit PressRelease.com
If you want a large domestic distribution and exceptional analytics report, visit Newswire.
To view all the PR services we've reviewed, check out our Best Press Release Distribution Services of 2021 and find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do PressRelease.com and Newswire Have in Common?
By all accounts, both PressRelease.com and Newswire have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both basic packages are relatively similar in price.
- Ease of Use: PressRelease.com and Newswire have user-friendly sites, making it very simple to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer SEO services to help improve your business’s ranking and drive traffic to your website.
- Customer Service: Both PressRelease.com and Newswire have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
- Press Release – $199
- Press Release Plus – $449
- Public Company Press Release – $599
- Digital – $199
- Digital Plus – $449
- State – $499
- National – $799
PressRelease.com: Ease of Use
- Visit PressRelease.com
- Click on “Submit Your Press Release Today!”
- Select the distribution plan you would like to use
- Click “Order Now” and fill out the required prompts
Newswire: Ease of Use
- Visit the Newswire website
- Click on “Let’s Get Started — Press Release Distribution”
- Select a package
- Check out
- Press Release — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News and the Newswire distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in Associated Press (AP) style and will feature on an industry list.
- Press Release Plus — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News, Yahoo! News, Newswire’s distribution network, and Accesswire’s distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in AP style and will feature on an industry list.
- Public Company Press Release — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News, Yahoo! News, Newswire’s distribution network, and Accesswire’s distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in AP style and will feature on an industry list.
- Digital — Distribution to the NEWSWIRE digital network, up to six hyperlinks per release and a featured image, up to 500 words, and an included industry list.
- Digital Plus — Distribution to the expanded NEWSWIRE digital network, up to six hyperlinks per release and a featured image, up to 500 words, and includes an industry list. This package also includes a two-tier editorial process from PR Newswire.
- State — Distribution to the expanded NEWSWIRE digital network as well as state-specific sites, increased social media targeting, up to six hyperlinks per release and a featured image, up to 500 words, and includes an industry list. This package also includes a two-tier editorial process from PR Newswire and a detailed analytics report.
- National — National distribution to the expanded NEWSWIRE digital network, social media marketing, up to 500 words, an industry list, and backlinks. This package also includes a two-tier editorial process from PR Newswire and a detailed analytics report.
Both PressRelease.com and 24-7 Press Release Newswire exhibited responsible and responsive customer service when we reached out to them.
PressRelease.com offers both phone support and chat support.
- To reach them by phone, call them at (800) 998-2927.
- To reach them by chat, visit their website and click on the small “Chat” icon in the bottom right corner.
Newswire offers phone support and online support.
- To reach them by phone, call (800) 713-7278.
- To reach them by chat, visit their website and click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the page. You’ll be prompted to fill in the contact form.
Here are some customer reviews for PressRelease.com and Newswire from trustworthy third-party online review sites.
There are no reviews for PressRelease.com on any of our legitimate review platforms like Trustpilot, Chamber of Commerce, and SiteJabber. The only customer reviews we found were posted on the PressRelease.com website:
“PressRelease.com was a HUGE help and he stayed on the phone with me for as long as I needed helping with all my questions. I never get customer service like that.”
“The service is amazing. I would definitely like to appreciate the support I got from PressRelease. com. It helped me a lot in finalizing the press release and releasing it. I would definitely use PressRelease. com for my future releases.”
“PressRelease.com helped me from start to finish with my first press release. I didn’t really have an idea of what I was doing, so it was nice to have someone actually help me out throughout the process.”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Trustpilot website written by customers who have used Newswire to help spread the news about their business:
“My company decided to try Newswire for the first time, and I am most impressed by the team members I worked with. Shea Wirsing in sales helped me determine our best option to go with. The customer service I received from David Tadros was outstanding, I had so many questions about submitting our press release and he stayed with me on live chat until everything was done. I feel confident I picked the best options for this particular press release. Thank you, Shea and David, for a great first experience with Newswire, I appreciate it.”
“I have been a customer for over 2 years now, and find their advisors, such as Patrick, very helpful and insightful. We are not a PR firm, but a management consulting firm, learning how to use PR in a more productive way. We have benefited greatly and are learning more and more about how to use press releases properly. If you are new to the scene, working with their people like Patrick makes all the difference in getting your name out there or not. That’s why we still use them!”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
PressRelease.com and Newswire have similar distribution networks and services, and both have easy platforms to navigate for submitting a press release. However, in our opinion, PressRelease.com’s global reach and editorial services are distinct advantages that make them the best press release distribution company.
However, if you are still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose PressRelease.com if:
You want stellar global distribution that has an unlimited word count, editing services, and various multimedia benefits
Choose Newswire if:
You want superior analytics and extensive SEO and backlink services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do both PressRelease.com and Newswire allow online submissions?
Both services offer online submissions to make it convenient for their clients to submit and pay for the press release
Do both PressRelease.com and Newswire allow you to submit pictures for your press release?
Both services offer multimedia support.PressRelease.com allows you to submit pictures alongside your press release, but it is limited to a higher package. Newswire also allows pictures, videos, and audio to be added to your press release.
Do both PressRelease.com and Newswire display samples?
Both services offer samples to customers to use as inspiration for their own press release.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.