Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether PressRelease.com or RealWire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
PressRelease.com vs. RealWire: Which is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
PressRelease.com includes editorial services and excels at international distribution. Their basic package is $199 and offers SEO (search engine optimization) enhancement to further help your business’s rankings. RealWire’s basic package offers incredible social media features and rating reports for £149 ($207). However, they are exclusive to the United Kingdom. PressPrelease’s global distribution and added features are hard to beat. Go with PressRelease.com (the winner) to get more outreach and more features.
If you want the best press international press release distribution service with editorial and writing features included, visit PressRelease.com.
If you are exclusively distributing press releases throughout the United Kingdom and can benefit from social media integration, go with RealWire.
To view all the PR services we've reviewed, check out our Best Press Release Distribution Services of 2021 and find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do PressRelease.com and RealWire Have in Common?
By all accounts, both PressRelease.com and RealWire have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both basic packages are relatively similar in price.
- Ease of Use: PressRelease.com and RealWire have user-friendly sites, making it very simple to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer SEO enhancements to help your website rank better.
- Customer Service: Both PressRelease.com and RealWire have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
- Press Release – $199
- Press Release Plus – $449
- Public Company Press Release – $599
- Traditional Press Release (Sendit) – £149 ($207)
- Social Media News Release (Blogit) – £229 ($318)
PressRelease.com: Ease of Use
- Visit PressRelease.com
- Click on “Submit Your Press Release Today!”
- Select the distribution plan you would like to use
- Click “Order Now” and fill out the required prompts
RealWire: Ease of Use
- Visit the RealWire website
- Select “Send Release”
- Create an Account
- Click “Submit”
- Press Release — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News and the Newswire distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in Associated Press (AP) style and will feature on an industry list.
- Press Release Plus — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News, Yahoo! News, Newswire’s distribution network, and Accesswire’s distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in AP style and will feature on an industry list.
- Public Company Press Release — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News, Yahoo! News, Newswire’s distribution network, and Accesswire’s distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in AP style and will feature on an industry list.
- Sendit — Submission of one press release with an unlimited word count to over 4,500 news contacts. Businesses can also have their press releases posted on language-specific sites for an extra cost, plus SEO services.
- Blogit — Submission of one press release with an unlimited word count to over 4,500 news contacts. Press releases can include media files, and businesses can receive comments on their releases. Language-specific website postings are available for an additional cost, and businesses receive SEO services.
Both PressRelease.com and RealWire exhibited responsible and responsive customer service when we reached out to them.
PressRelease.com offers both phone support and chat support.
- To reach them by phone, call them at (800) 998-2927.
- To reach them by chat, visit their website and click on the small “Chat” icon in the bottom right corner.
RealWire offers phone support and email support.
- To reach them by phone, call them Monday through Friday (8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time) at +44 (0)1522 883640.
- To reach them by email, visit their website and click on one of the contact options. From there, you can email them directly through their contact form.
Here are some customer reviews for PressRelease.com and RealWire from trustworthy, third-party online review sites.
There are no reviews for PressRelease.com on any of our legitimate review platforms like Trustpilot, Chamber of Commerce, and SiteJabber. The only customer reviews we found were posted on the PressRelease.com website:
“PressRelease.com was a HUGE help and he stayed on the phone with me for as long as I needed helping with all my questions. I never get customer service like that.”
“The service is amazing. I would definitely like to appreciate the support I got from PressRelease. com. It helped me a lot in finalizing the press release and releasing it. I would definitely use PressRelease. com for my future releases.”
“PressRelease.com helped me from start to finish with my first press release. I didn’t really have an idea of what I was doing, so it was nice to have someone actually help me out throughout the process.”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from the RealWire website written by customers who have used RealWire to help spread the news about their business:
“RealWire have always been at the forefront of the press release distribution industry, having been the first European SMNR provider, inventing PRFilter and coming up with the Inconvenient PR truth campaign that lead to the CIPRs ‘Media Spamming Charter’. With that in mind, we at onechocolate feel we have a partner that matches our standards and ambitions.”
“Over the last three years I have come to rely on the team at RealWire not only for the consistent high level of service but also for the speed with which they deliver it. With every release I receive a rapid confirmation from someone and if there is ever an issue it is resolved quickly. This gives me the assurance that the eventual hiccups that arise never delay an important announcement.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
PressRelease.com and RealWire offer stellar distribution and services, and both services have easy platforms to navigate for submitting a press release. However, in our opinion, PressRelease.com’s global distribution and added multimedia features offer distinct advantages that make them the best press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose PressRelease.com if:
You don’t mind paying a premium price for excellent global distribution that includes SEO enhancement, various multimedia benefits, and editing services.
Choose RealWire if:
You want social media support, plan on targeting the United Kingdom for distributions, and are confident crafting your own distributions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do both PressRelease.com and RealWire offer writing services?
Only PressRelease.com offers writing services. RealWire encourages clients to seek out the service of a freelancer to help write their press release.
Do both PressRelease.com and RealWire allow online submissions?
Both services offer online submissions to make it convenient for their clients to submit and pay for the press release.
Do both PressRelease.com and Business Wire allow online submissions?
Both services offer online submissions to make it convenient for their clients to submit and pay for their press releases.
Do both PressRelease.com and RealWire allow you to submit pictures for your press release?
Both services offer multimedia support that allows you to include pictures alongside your press release. However, RealWire only offers this service as an add-on feature, meaning you will need to pay more.
Do both PressRelease.com and RealWire display samples?
Both services offer several samples to their customers to use as inspiration for their own releases.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.