Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether SiteTrail or CISION PR Newswire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
SiteTrail vs. CISION PR Newswire: Which Is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
Sitetrail only charges $99 for its basic package, while CISION PR Newswire offers pricier, location-based distribution packages that require a paid membership. Go with Sitetrail (the winner) to get a simpler checkout process and a package with the features you are looking for to include in your press release.
If you want the best press release with upfront pricing, visit Sitetrail.
If you want to customize your package and don’t mind having to iron out the details with a consultant, visit CISION PR Newswire.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do SiteTrail and CISION PR Newswire Have in Common?
By all accounts, both Sitetrail and CISION PR Newswire have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both companies offer a variety of package options at different price points.
- Ease of Use: Sitetrail and CISION PR Newswire have user-friendly websites, making it incredibly easy to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that will boost the reach of your press release. These include SEO tools, writing services, and access to search engine indexing.
- Customer Service: Both Sitetrail and CISION PR Newswire have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
- Basic – $99
- Business – $299
- Popular – $999
- Premium – $2,950
CISION PR Newswire: Prices
- State and Local – $355+
- Regional – $475+
- National – $835
SiteTrail: Ease of Use
- Visit the Sitetrail website
- Click on “Press Release Services”
- Decide on a package
- Order Now
CISION PR Newswire: Ease of Use
- Visit the CISION PR Newswire website
- Click on “Get Started”
- Fill out the signup form
- Select “Create My Account”
- Basic — 700-word press release, five-channel syndication, distribution to one Google News and one US-based news site, Google News indexing, and online distribution.
- Business — Two 700-word articles, unlimited global syndicates, Google News indexing, and RSS syndication to over 40 media outlets and to its network of industry-specific journalists.
- Popular — Two 700-word articles, delivery to unlimited channels and countries, two Google News indexed articles, basic SEO service, and RSS syndication to over 40 media platforms.
- Premium — Five 700-word news articles, five Google News indexed articles, unlimited distribution channels (including APNews, Business Insider, and Yahoo Finance), multiple countries, advanced SEO service, and RSS syndication.
CISION PR Newswire Features
- State and Local — Submission of a 400-word press release to any US state, New York metropolitan area, or New Jersey plus New York City. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network, including more than 4,000 websites and 3,000 media outlets as well as access to 20,000+ PR Newswire for Journalists email subscribers.
- Regional — Submission of a 400-word press release to any region of the US or one of the top market lists. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network and the PR Newswire for Journalists subscribers.
- National — Nationwide distribution of a 400-word press release. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network and PR Newswire for Journalists.
- CISION PR Newswire membership also includes 24/7 customer service support, editorial staff support, audience engagement consultations, and marketing webinars.
Both Sitetrail and CISION PR Newswire exhibited good customer service when we reached out to them. Though Sitetrail only offers email support, the representatives were professional and helpful with our queries.
Sitetrail offers just online support.
- To reach them online, visit their website and click on “Contact.” You’ll be prompted to fill out a form. They accept online support requests 24/7, 365 days a year.
CISION PR Newswire
CISION PR Newswire offers phone support and online support.
- To reach them by phone, call Cision Distribution at (888) 776-0942 between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- To reach them online, visit their website, select “Contact” from the header, and select “General Inquiries.” You will be prompted to fill out a contact form.
Here are some customer reviews for Sitetrail and CISION PR Newswire from trustworthy third-party online review sites.
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Trustpilot website written by customers who have used Sitetrail to help spread the news about their business:
“This agency helped me a lot to get real media coverage. They exceeded my expectations and I ended up getting verified on Instagram shortly after.”
Delivered the work in a timely manner and exceeded our expectations considering the price we paid. Overall a positive experience.
“They got us into Entrepreneur magazine and another top publication in a short time. Great service.”
CISION PR Newswire
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from G2 written by customers who have used CISION PR Newswire to help spread the news about their business:
“I like how easy and quick it is to distribute a news release to my intended targets with PR Newswire. Once I have it uploaded and ready to go, I also like knowing an account executive at PR Newswire will double check it for me – it never hurts to have a second set of eyes review something before i goes out!”
“Cision provides a service to businesses that allows them to access media and PR contacts across industries. Their software is meant to be an all-inclusive solution that includes marketing outreach tools, analytics and more. It’s all very effective and good value for money.”
“Cision’s distribution and tracking are great. Once I learned how to use them I saw how powerful they were at getting our stories in front of a big audience. The database of reporter and outlet information is also essential for any reputable PR firm”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
Sitetrail and CISION PR Newswire offer a lot of features and both have access to premium media networks. However, in our opinion, Sitetrail’s writing services and wide distribution network for the cost make them the better press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose SiteTrail if:
You want a straightforward package with included press release writing services.
Choose CISION PR Newswire if:
You want specialized support and access to a distribution membership that offers ongoing features.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which company has access to more media outlets, SiteTrail or CISION PR Newswire?
Sitetrail has access to media outlets in every industry and specifically advertises access to Bloomberg, Business Insider, APNews, CNBC, Forbes, and YahooFinance. CISION PR Newswire does not report on which outlets they distribute to until after you submit a press release with them.
Do both SiteTrail and CISION PR Newswire offer SEO tools?
Yes, both Sitetrail and CISION PR Newswire will index your press release for search engine indexing and will edit your press release to best match current SEO practices.
What is included in the basic packages for both SiteTrail and CISION PR Newswire?
Sitetrail includes one 700-word editorial news writing by their team, Google News indexing, SEO tools, and distribution to one US hosted site with their basic package. CISION PR Newswire does not have a basic package and instead prices distribution based on geographical reach, which includes access to the PR Newswire network.
Do both SiteTrail and CISION PR Newswire offer full press release writing?
Sitetrail offers both editorial writing services and complete content writing, depending on the package you chose. CISION PR Newswire will edit your press release prior to distribution but does not offer full writing services.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.