Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether SiteTrail or Newswire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
SiteTrail vs. Newswire: Which Is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
Sitetrail charges $99 for its introductory package, and Newswire charges $199 for similar services but does not include a PR newswire visibility report. Go with Sitetrail (the winner) to get editorial news writing services and access to affordable options.
If you want the best press release that will increase your volume of links while being included in Google News, visit SiteTrail.
If you want great visibility and don’t mind a limited distribution network, visit Newswire.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do SiteTrail and Newswire Have in Common?
By all accounts, both Sitetrail and Newswire have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both are affordable options for anyone looking for polished press distribution.
- Ease of Use: Sitetrail and Newswire have user-friendly platforms, making it simple to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that increase the value of their product. Sitetrail offers added authentic editorial news, while Newswire allows customers to choose their targeted reach.
- Customer Service: Both Sitetrail and Newswire have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
- Basic – $99
- Business – $299
- Popular – $999
- Premium – $2,950
- Digital – $199
- Digital Plus – $449
- State – $499
- National – $799
SiteTrail: Ease of Use
- Visit the Sitetrail website
- Click on “Press Release Services”
- Decide on a package
- Order Now
Newswire: Ease of Use
- Visit the Newswire website
- Click on “Let’s Get Started — Press Release Distribution”
- Select a package
- Check out
- Basic — 700-word press release, five-channel syndication, distribution to one Google News and one US-based news site, Google News indexing, and online distribution.
- Business — Two 700-word articles, unlimited global syndicates, Google News indexing, and RSS syndication to over 40 media outlets and to its network of industry-specific journalists.
- Popular — Two 700-word articles, delivery to unlimited channels and countries, two Google News indexed articles, basic SEO service, and RSS syndication to over 40 media platforms.
- Premium — Five 700-word news articles, five Google News indexed articles, unlimited distribution channels (including APNews, Business Insider, and Yahoo Finance), multiple countries, advanced SEO service, and RSS syndication.
- Digital — Distribution to the NEWSWIRE digital network, up to six hyperlinks per release and a featured image, up to 500 words, and an included industry list.
- Digital Plus — Distribution to the expanded NEWSWIRE digital network, up to six hyperlinks per release and a featured image, up to 500 words, and includes an industry list. This package also includes a two-tier editorial process from PR Newswire.
- State — Distribution to the expanded NEWSWIRE digital network as well as state-specific sites, increased social media targeting, up to six hyperlinks per release and a featured image, up to 500 words, and includes an industry list. This package also includes a two-tier editorial process from PR Newswire and a detailed analytics report.
- National — National distribution to the expanded NEWSWIRE digital network, social media marketing, up to 500 words, an industry list, and backlinks. This package also includes a two-tier editorial process from PR Newswire and a detailed analytics report.
Both Sitetrail and Newswire exhibited good customer service when we reached out to them. Though Sitetrail offers support primarily via email, the support was sufficient and their response rate was often within the hour of sending out the form.
Sitetrail offers just online support.
- To reach them online, visit their website and click on “Contact.” You’ll be prompted to fill out a form. They accept online support requests 24/7, 365 days a year.
Newswire offers phone support and online support.
- To reach them by phone, call (800) 713-7278.
- To reach them by chat, visit their website and click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the page. You’ll be prompted to fill in the contact form.
Here are some customer reviews for Sitetrail and Newswire from trustworthy third-party online review sites.
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Trustpilot website written by customers who have used Sitetrail to help spread the news about their business:
“This agency helped me a lot to get real media coverage. They exceeded my expectations and I ended up getting verified on Instagram shortly after.”
Delivered the work in a timely manner and exceeded our expectations considering the price we paid. Overall a positive experience.
“They got us into Entrepreneur magazine and another top publication in a short time. Great service.”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from Sitejabber written by customers who have used Newswire to help spread the news about their business:
“This is my first press release with NewsWire, or any major service for that matter. Your PR Strategist, Brittney Callahan was very helpful in walking me through the fine points and details. She pointed out things that I should be aware of and openly discussed suggestions based on common mistakes or common problems. Thank you.”
“Their supp“Nice UX! Maybe you could think about implementing Userlane (interactive, step-by-step contextual help) to guide users in real time through the process. All in all, everything looks good so far! Let’s wait and see the results :)”
“I am excited to figure out the other features you have too. I am not really sure how the newsroom works or how it benefits my company. I would like a bit more instructions on some things, but overall a great experience.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
Sitetrail and Newswire offer comparable press release distribution services that increase traffic and visibility for your company. Both have affordable packages and the ability to improve your SEO. However, in our opinion, Sitetrail has some distinct advantages that make them the best press release distribution company, such as press release writing and SEO services.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose SiteTrail if:
You want press release distribution along with writing services and SEO enhancements to help reach every media outlet.
Choose Newswire if:
You want rapid turnaround and don’t mind increasing your spending in order to improve press release distribution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is more costly, SiteTrail or Newswire?
Sitetrail has a higher-priced basic package but has added features like PR writing and access to a vast network of journalists, ensuring your press releases are picked up by news outlets.
Are higher-end packages an option with either SiteTrail or Newswire?
Both Sitetrail and Newswire have packages to accommodate varying budgets, distribution needs, and PR needs. Sitetrail’s highest packaged price is $2,950 and comes with a reach of 120 million that includes distribution to various countries and channels. Newswire’s highest package is $799 and is more limited in distribution scope but includes national distribution across 50 states.
Are images, logos, and embedded video able to be included?
Yes, Sitetrail allows two images per 700-word news release and two permanent dofollow links to your website. For a fee, Newswire’s press release service will allow you to include a variety of assets, such as images, logos, and embedded videos, as part of your press release.
What if you require proof in the form of a report showing the effect or impact of the press release?
Both Sitetrail and Newswire provide reports detailing where the press release was accepted. With Newswire, a more extensive version of the report is included with the higher tiered pricing packages.
Between SiteTrail and Newswire, which one is fastest and most cost-effective?
Sitetrail offers a low price point, a wide distribution range, and high-impact results. While Newswire is still cost-effective, you end up forgoing the writing services and some distribution reach. Their primary focus is distributing the press releases that businesses have pre-written and submitted to them.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
How do I increase the chance that my press release is picked up by the media?
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success. Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.