Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether SiteTrail or RealWire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
SiteTrail vs. RealWire: Which Is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
While Sitetrail charges $99 for its basic package, RealWire will do it for £149 but just for a day, and it is exclusive to the United Kingdom. Go with Sitetrail (the winner) to get more outreach at a lower cost and choose the one that has more services on its basic package.
If you want the best press release distribution and writing services, visit Sitetrail.If you want to exclusively target internet audiences and don’t mind losing out on Associated Press distribution when you pay for the basic package, visit RealWire.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do SiteTrail and RealWire Have in Common?
By all accounts, both Sitetrail and RealWire have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both companies offer a variety of package options at many different price points.
- Ease of Use: Sitetrail and RealWire have user-friendly sites, making it very simple to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services like press release samples and creation guides. These additional features include search engine optimization (SEO) enhancements, digital distribution, and a lot more.
- Customer Service: Both Sitetrail and RealWire have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
- Basic – $99
- Business – $299
- Popular – $999
- Premium – $2,950
- Traditional Press Release (Sendit) – £149
- Social Media News Release (Blogit) – £229
SiteTrail: Ease of Use
- Visit the Sitetrail website
- Click on “Press Release Services”
- Decide on a package
- Order Now
RealWire: Ease of Use
- Visit the RealWire website
- Select “Send Release”
- Create an Account
- Click “Submit”
- Basic — 700-word press release, five-channel syndication, distribution to one Google News and one US-based news site, Google News indexing, and online distribution.
- Business — Two 700-word articles, unlimited global syndicates, Google News indexing, and RSS syndication to over 40 media outlets and to its network of industry-specific journalists.
- Popular — Two 700-word articles, delivery to unlimited channels and countries, two Google News indexed articles, basic SEO service, and RSS syndication to over 40 media platforms.
- Premium — Five 700-word news articles, five Google News indexed articles, unlimited distribution channels (including APNews, Business Insider, and Yahoo Finance), multiple countries, advanced SEO service, and RSS syndication.
- Sendit — Submission of one press release with an unlimited word count to over 4,500 news contacts. Businesses can also have their press releases posted on language-specific sites for an extra cost, plus SEO services.
- Blogit — Submission of one press release with an unlimited word count to over 4,500 news contacts. Press releases can include media files, and businesses can receive comments on their releases. Language-specific website postings are available for an additional cost, and businesses receive SEO services.
Both Sitetrail and RealWire exhibited responsible and responsive customer service when we reached out to them. Though Sitetrail offers only email and phone support, the support was very helpful, and they enlightened us about their packages and services.
Sitetrail offers just online support.
- To reach them online, visit their website and click on “Contact.” You’ll be prompted to fill out a form. They accept online support requests 24/7, 365 days a year.
RealWire offers phone support and email support.
- To reach them by phone, call them Monday through Friday (8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Greenwich Mean Time) at +44 (0)1522 883640.
- To reach them by email, visit their website and click on one of the contact options. From there, you can email them directly through their contact form.
Here are some customer reviews for Sitetrail and RealWire from trustworthy third-party online review sites.
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Trustpilot website written by customers who have used Sitetrail to help spread the news about their business:
“This agency helped me a lot to get real media coverage. They exceeded my expectations and I ended up getting verified on Instagram shortly after.”
Delivered the work in a timely manner and exceeded our expectations considering the price we paid. Overall a positive experience.
“They got us into Entrepreneur magazine and another top publication in a short time. Great service.”
Unfortunately, there are no reviews for RealWire on any verified reviews platforms like Trustpilot, Chamber of Commerce, or SiteJabber. The only customer reviews were posted on RealWire’s website:
“RealWire have always been at the forefront of the press release distribution industry, having been the first European SMNR provider, inventing PRFilter and coming up with the Inconvenient PR truth campaign that lead to the CIPRs ‘Media Spamming Charter’. With that in mind, we ate one chocolate that felt like we have a partner that matches our standards and ambitions.”
“Over the last three years I have come to rely on the team at RealWire not only for the consistent high level of service but also for the speed with which they deliver it. With every release I receive a rapid confirmation from someone and if there is ever an issue it is resolved quickly. This gives me the assurance that the eventual hiccups that arise never delay an important announcement.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
Sitetrail and RealWire offer almost the same press release distribution services and both have easy platforms to navigate and submit a press release.
However, in our opinion, Sitetrail has some distinct advantages that make them the best press release distribution company.
Choose SiteTrail if:
You want press release distribution along with writing services and SEO enhancements to help reach every media outlet.
Choose RealWire if:
You do not need help on writing your press release, and don’t mind losing out on more distribution because you have to pay more for a bigger distribution while gaining several more extras.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do both SiteTrail and RealWire offer writing services?
No. Only SiteTrail offers writing services. RealWire advises clients to seek out a freelancer to help write the press release. Only SiteTrail offers press release writing services alongside some extras like SEO enhancements to boost customers’ brand awareness.
Who charges more for its basic package and higher-end package between SiteTrail or RealWire?
While SiteTrail only charges $99 for its basic package, RealWire charges £149 for its lowest package and it runs for just a day. SiteTrail charges significantly less, yet they also provide other services. SiteTrail is more likely to distribute a press release to a top media outlet.
Additionally, both offer high-end packages; however, SiteTrail has the most expensive package based on their extensive coverage. Their Premium package is valued at $2,999, and it offers exclusive worldwide attention. The highest package on Realwire costs £499 and it runs for 10 days.
Do both SiteTrail and RealWire allow online submissions?
Yes. They both offer online submissions to make it convenient for their clients to submit and pay for the press release.
Do both SiteTrail and RealWire allow you to submit pictures for your press release?
Yes, SiteTrail allows you to submit pictures alongside your press releases, but it is limited to just three pictures and requires a higher package. RealWire also allows picture, video, and audio to be added to the press release.
Do both SiteTrail and RealWire display samples?
Both services present several samples to their customers to access and serve as inspiration for their own press releases.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.