Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether CISION PR Newswire or EIN Presswire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
CISION PR Newswire vs. EIN Presswire: Which is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
CISION PR Newswire offers distribution packages based on location that, while not always budget-friendly, offer specific features to get your distribution noticed. EIN Presswire’s basic package is $49.95 but comes with fairly limited features.
Go with CISION PR Newswire (the winner) to get access to their editorial staff services and get your release focused on your location.
If you want a well-known, wide press release distribution network, visit CISION PR Newswire.
If you have a lower budget and don’t mind less syndication, visit EIN Presswire.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do CISION PR Newswire and EIN Presswire Have in Common?
By all accounts, both CISION PR Newswire and EIN Presswire have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both offer competitive package rates depending on the features you want to focus on.
- Ease of Use: CISION PR Newswire and EIN Presswire have user-friendly websites, making it easy to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that enhance the value of their packages. These include digital distribution, syndication, and more.
- Customer Service: Both CISION PR Newswire and EIN Presswire have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
CISION PR Newswire: Prices
- State and Local – $355+
- Regional – $475+
- National – $835
EIN Presswire: Prices
- Basic – $49.95
- Pro – $249
- Pro+ – $399
- Corporate – $999
CISION PR Newswire: Ease of Use
- Visit the CISION PR Newswire website
- Click on “Get Started”
- Fill out the signup form
- Select “Create My Account”
EIN Presswire: Ease of Use
- Visit the EIN Presswire website
- Click on “Submit Release”
- Select the pricing package you would like
- Click “Get Started”
CISION PR Newswire Features
- State and Local — Submission of a 400-word press release to any US state, New York metropolitan area, or New Jersey plus New York City. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network, including more than 4,000 websites and 3,000 media outlets as well as access to 20,000+ PR Newswire for Journalists email subscribers.
- Regional — Submission of a 400-word press release to any region of the US or one of the top market lists. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network and the PR Newswire for Journalists subscribers.
- National — Nationwide distribution of a 400-word press release. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network and PR Newswire for Journalists.
PR Newswire membership also includes 24/7 customer service support, editorial staff support, audience engagement consultations, and marketing webinars.
EIN Presswire Features
- Basic — Includes one press release, placement on EIN Presswire, distribution to major news sites (Google News, Bing News), and network partners’ sites.
- Pro — Includes five press releases, placement on EIN Presswire, distribution to major news sites (Google News, Bing News), and network partners’ sites. Additionally, press releases are shared with US TV and radio, emailed to EIN Newsdesk readers, as well as posted to Twitter and Facebook.
- Pro + — Includes 10 press releases, placement on EIN Presswire, distribution to major news sites (Google News, Bing News) and network partners’ sites, Additionally, press releases are shared with US TV and radio, emailed to EIN Newsdesk readers, as well as posted to Twitter and Facebook with same-day distribution.
Corporate — Includes 50 press releases, placement on EIN Presswire, distribution to major news sites (Google News, Bing News), and network partners’ sites. Additionally, press releases are shared with US TV and radio, emailed to EIN Newsdesk readers, as well as posted to Twitter and Facebook with same-day distribution.
Both CISION PR Newswire and EIN Presswire exhibited helpful customer service when we reached out to them.
CISION PR Newswire
CISION PR Newswire offers phone support and online support.
- To reach them by phone, call Cision Distribution at (888) 776-0942 between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- To reach them online, visit their website, select “Contact” from the header, and select “General Inquiries.” You will be prompted to fill out a contact form.
EIN Presswire offers phone support and email support.
- To reach them by phone, call customer service at 1-202-335-3939.
- To reach them by email, visit their website and click on “Contact.” You’ll be prompted to fill out a contact form with your information, request, and which department the request is directed toward.
Here are some customer reviews for CISION PR Newswire and EIN Presswire from customers who have used their services.
CISION PR Newswire
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from TrustRadius written by customers who have used CISION PR Newswire to help spread the news about their business:
“We receive PR Newswire and sometimes will use info from that in stories published online by my company. It is something helpful when trying to pull needed information that an entity or school will put out to get their word out. It helps us just put in info without having to track down more info. It’s well-suited when trying to push a product or idea that doesn’t need much elaboration. At times we need information and it’s just there, like a magic trick from a brilliant magic man. An area of improvement is not coming across so “PR-y.” But I guess that’s the job of the person writing it and a news person’s job to decipher it.”
“PR Newswire is a basic wire distribution service, so it’s best used for releases that you need to reach a wide audience but don’t necessarily need to hyper-target demographically. There are a number of distribution channel options, but most of them are fairly generic when compared to other more intense services such as Business Wire. However, the price of PR Newswire is also significantly lower, so for what you pay, it more than exceeds expectations.”
“PR Newswire is well suited for organizations with a significant public relations budget that want to quickly disseminate a news release over the wire to a specific targeted group of recipients. It’s probably not a suitable solution for smaller companies or “boutique” public relations agency unless the distribution cost is to be directly passed on to the client because it is quite expensive.”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from the EIN Presswire site written by customers who have used EIN Presswire to help spread the news about their business.
“After having tried various wire services, we found EIN Presswire interface clean and workflow simple to use. EIN Presswire provides good flexibility and focus around target industry segments and geographies for each press release being disseminated. Interactions with Customer Service and Sales have been great”
“EIN Presswire is our company’s go-to service for distributing all our press releases. The site is easy and user-friendly for creating and distributing press releases and we have been beyond pleased with the results of our distribution through EIN Presswire.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
CISION PR Newswire and EIN Presswire offer online press release distribution services and both have intuitive websites. However, in our opinion, CISION PR Newswire’s ability to target specific areas is a distinct advantage that makes them the best press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose CISION PR Newswire If:
You don’t mind contacting CISION PR Newswire to create your customized distribution.
Choose EIN Presswire If:
You have a lower budget and want a simpler distribution network.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do CISION PR Newswire and EIN Presswire have transparent pricing?
CISION PR Newswire does not list their exact pricing on their website and requires you to contact them to receive more information on their packages and pricing.
EIN Presswire lists all of their package information with pricing on their website.
Do I need to create an account to submit a press release with CISION PR Newswire or EIN Presswire?
You need to create an account to submit a press release with both CISION PR Newswire and EIN Presswire.
Does CISION PR Newswire or EIN Presswire offer more distribution channels?
CISION PR Newswire offers more distribution channels than EIN Presswire.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.