Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether CISION PR Newswire or EIN Presswire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
CISION PR Newswire vs. PressRelease.com: Which Is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
CISION PR Newswire offers distribution packages based on location that, while not always budget-friendly, include specific features to get your distribution noticed. PressRelease.com includes editorial services and excels at international distribution. Their basic package is $199 and offers search engine optimization (SEO) enhancement to further help your business’s rankings.
If you want a well-known, wide press release distribution network, visit CISION PR Newswire.
If you want a low-cost international press release distribution service with editorial features included, visit PressRelease.com.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do CISION PR Newswire and PressRelease.com Have in Common?
By all accounts, both CISION PR Newswire and PressRelease.com have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both offer competitive package rates depending on the features you want to focus on.
- Ease of Use: CISION PR Newswire and PressRelease.com have user-friendly sites, making it easy to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that make it easy to reach out to a lot of people. These include SEO enhancements, digital distribution, and subscribing journals.
- Customer Service: Both CISION PR Newswire and PressRelease.com, have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
CISION PR Newswire: Prices
- State and Local – $355+
- Regional – $475+
- National – $835
- Press Release – $199
- Press Release Plus – $449
- Public Company Press Release – $599
CISION PR Newswire: Ease of Use
- Visit the CISION PR Newswire website
- Click on “Get Started”
- Fill out the signup form
- Select “Create My Account”
PressRelease.com: Ease of Use
- Visit PressRelease.com
- Click on “Submit Your Press Release Today!”
- Select the distribution plan you would like to use
- Click “Order Now” and fill out the required prompts
CISION PR Newswire Features
- State and Local — Submission of a 400-word press release to any US state, New York metropolitan area, or New Jersey plus New York City. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network, including more than 4,000 websites and 3,000 media outlets as well as access to 20,000+ PR Newswire for Journalists email subscribers.
- Regional — Submission of a 400-word press release to any region of the US or one of the top market lists. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network and the PR Newswire for Journalists subscribers.
- National — Nationwide distribution of a 400-word press release. Press release is distributed to the PR Newswire network and PR Newswire for Journalists.
PR Newswire membership also includes 24/7 customer service support, editorial staff support, audience engagement consultations, and marketing webinars.
- Press Release — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News and the Newswire distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in Associated Press (AP) style and will feature on an industry list.
- Press Release Plus — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News, Yahoo! News, Newswire’s distribution network, and Accesswire’s distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in AP style and will feature on an industry list.
- Public Company Press Release — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News, Yahoo! News, Newswire’s distribution network, Accesswire’s distribution network, and the Associated Press network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in AP style and will feature on an industry list.
Both CISION PR Newswire and EIN Presswire exhibited helpful customer service when we reached out to them.
CISION PR Newswire
CISION PR Newswire offers phone support and online support.
- To reach them by phone, call Cision Distribution at (888) 776-0942 between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- To reach them online, visit their website, select “Contact” from the header, and select “General Inquiries.” You will be prompted to fill out a contact form.
PressRelease.com offers both phone support and chat support.
- To reach them by phone, call them at (800) 998-2927.
- To reach them by chat, visit their website and click on the small “Chat” icon in the bottom right corner.
Here are some customer reviews for CISION PR Newswire and EIN Presswire from customers who have used their services.
CISION PR Newswire
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from TrustRadius written by customers who have used CISION PR Newswire to help spread the news about their business:
“We receive PR Newswire and sometimes will use info from that in stories published online by my company. It is something helpful when trying to pull needed information that an entity or school will put out to get their word out. It helps us just put in info without having to track down more info. It’s well-suited when trying to push a product or idea that doesn’t need much elaboration. At times we need information and it’s just there, like a magic trick from a brilliant magic man. An area of improvement is not coming across so “PR-y.” But I guess that’s the job of the person writing it and a news person’s job to decipher it.”
“PR Newswire is a basic wire distribution service, so it’s best used for releases that you need to reach a wide audience but don’t necessarily need to hyper-target demographically. There are a number of distribution channel options, but most of them are fairly generic when compared to other more intense services such as Business Wire. However, the price of PR Newswire is also significantly lower, so for what you pay, it more than exceeds expectations.”
“PR Newswire is well suited for organizations with a significant public relations budget that want to quickly disseminate a news release over the wire to a specific targeted group of recipients. It’s probably not a suitable solution for smaller companies or “boutique” public relations agency unless the distribution cost is to be directly passed on to the client because it is quite expensive.”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from the PressRelease.com website written by customers who have used PressRelease.com to help spread the news about their business:
“PressRelease.com was a HUGE help and he stayed on the phone with me for as long as I needed helping with all my questions. I never get customer service like that.”
“The service is amazing. I would definitely like to appreciate the support I got from PressRelease.com. com. It helped me a lot in finalizing the press release and releasing it. I would definitely use PressRelease.com. com for my future releases.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
CISION PR Newswire and PressRelease.com offer almost the same as far as distribution is concerned, though CISION PR Newswire has a bigger domestic reach. In our opinion, CISION PR Newswire’s ability to target specific areas is a distinct advantage that makes them the best press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose CISION PR Newswire If:
You want a more customized press release distribution experience and the benefits that come with an annual membership.
Choose PressRelease.com if:
You want a simpler distribution package system that includes SEO enhancement, various multimedia benefits, and editing services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do both CISION PR Newswire and PressRelease.com offer writing services?
Neither PressRelease.com nor CISION PR Newswire offer writing services with their distribution packages. You will need to hire a third party to write your press release, or you can write it yourself.
Who charges more for its basic package CISION PR Newswire or PressRelease.com?
CISION PR Newswire’s lowest-level package for state and local distribution starts at $350 and requires an annual membership that starts at $195. PressRelease.com offers its basic package for $199 for a traditional release. CISION PR Newswire charges significantly more, but they also provide a more customized experience.
Do both CISION PR Newswire and PressRelease.com allow online submissions?
Both services offer online submissions to make it convenient for their clients to submit and pay for the press release.
Do both CISION PR Newswire or PressRelease.com allow you to submit pictures for your press release?
CISION PR Newswire allows pictures to be added to the press release. PressRelease.com similarly allows pictures to be added to the press release and other multimedia recordings like videos.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.