Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether PressRelease.com or Business Wire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
PressRelease.com vs. Business Wire: Which is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let us first outline which is the better overall deal.
While PressRelease.com charges $199 for its basic package, Business Wire starts its location-based press releases at $475. Go with PressRelease.com (the winner) to get more outreach at a lower cost and choose the service that has more options.
If you want a multimedia-focused press release for a reasonable price, visit PressRelease.com.
If you want to use a well-known distribution service that offers round-the-clock services, visit Business Wire.
To view all the PR services we've reviewed, check out our Best Press Release Distribution Services of 2021 and find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do PressRelease.com and Business Wire Have in Common?
By all accounts, both PressRelease.com and Business Wire have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both basic packages are relatively different in price.
- Ease of Use: PressRelease.com and Business Wire have user-friendly sites, making it very simple to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services like press release samples and creation guides. These include editorial services from Accesswire, digital distribution, and a lot more.
- Customer Service: Both PressRelease.com and Business Wire have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
- Press Release – $199
- Press Release Plus – $449
- Public Company Press Release – $599
Business Wire: Prices
- Local – $475
- Regional – $510
- National – $940
PressRelease.com: Ease of Use
- Visit PressRelease.com
- Click on “Submit Your Press Release Today!”
- Select the distribution plan you would like to use
- Click “Order Now” and fill out the required prompts
Business Wire: Ease of Use
- Visit the Business Wire website
- Click on “Submit a Press Release”
- Create an account by filling out the contact form
- Click “Set up my account”
- Press Release — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News and the Newswire distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in Associated Press (AP) style and will feature on an industry list.
- Press Release Plus — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News, Yahoo! News, Newswire’s distribution network, and Accesswire’s distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in AP style and will feature on an industry list.
- Public Company Press Release — One 500-word press release submitted to Google News, Yahoo! News, Newswire’s distribution network, and Accesswire’s distribution network. Press releases will also undergo an editorial check in AP style and will feature on an industry list.
Business Wire Features
- Local — Distribution to city, metro, and state-level news outlets. All packages receive the ability to submit and distribute a press release 24/7 with around-the-clock editorial services. NewsTrak Reports offer insight into audience metrics and PR analytics.
- Regional — Distribution to news outlets in any region of the US.
- National — Nationwide distribution to Business Wire’s news outlet services.
Both PressRelease.com and Business Wire exhibited responsible and responsive customer service when we reached out to them. Though PressRelease.com only offers email and phone support, the support was very helpful and their insight was helpful.
PressRelease.com offers both phone support and chat support.
- To reach them by phone, call them at (800) 998-2927.
- To reach them by chat, visit their website and click on the small “Chat” icon in the bottom right corner.
Business Wire also offers phone support and online support.
- To reach them by phone, call them at 1-888-381-9473.
- To reach them online, you can either email the company at email@example.com, or you can use the contact form on the website by selecting “Contact Us” in the home page’s “About Us” menu.
Here are some customer reviews for PressRelease.com and Business Wire from trustworthy third-party online review sites.
There are no reviews for PressRelease.com on any of our legitimate review platforms like Trustpilot, Chamber of Commerce, and SiteJabber. The only customer reviews we found were posted on the PressRelease.com website:
“PressRelease.com was a HUGE help and he stayed on the phone with me for as long as I needed helping with all my questions. I never get customer service like that.”
“The service is amazing. I would definitely like to appreciate the support I got from PressRelease. com. It helped me a lot in finalizing the press release and releasing it. I would definitely use PressRelease. com for my future releases.”
“PressRelease.com helped me from start to finish with my first press release. I didn’t really have an idea of what I was doing, so it was nice to have someone actually help me out throughout the process.”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from G2 written by customers who have used Business Wire to help spread the news about their business:
“The Business Wire website is easy to navigate and there is a variety of distribution lists to choose from to ensure you’re hitting your target audience. I also appreciate the help I’ve gotten from customer support who have given me recommendations for lists and also help with the financial information.”
“Their support and account teams are also incredibly responsive and quick to help out with any requests or problems. That said, there is a large amount of value for certain clients (especially public companies) to send press releases out on the wire, and I used it on a subscription basis for one particular client.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
PressRelease.com and Business Wire offer similar distribution networks, and both have easy platforms to navigate for submitting a press release. However, in our opinion, PressRelease.com’s lower prices make them the better press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose PressRelease.com if:
You have a more restricted budget, but still want a solid distribution network and analytics features.
Choose Business Wire if:
You want a more customized distribution service and don’t mind losing out on upfront pricing while gaining access to specialized features.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do both PressRelease.com and Business Wire offer writing services?
Neither company offers writing services; however, both PressRelease.com and Business Wire offer editorial services.
Who charges more for their basic package and higher-end package between PressRelease.com and Business Wire?
PressRelease.com only offers $199 for its basic package, while Business Wire accepts $475 for its lowest package. PressRelease.com is more likely to distribute a press release to a top media outlet.
Both offer higher-end packages. PressRelease.com has a lower-cost Public Company Press Release tier for $599, which offers a wide distribution network and a Twitter campaign. The highest package on Business Wire costs $940, the National package, contains a display of your full-color company logo linked to your website, social sidebar with social media profiles, customizable click-to-tweet messages, NewsTrak Reports providing visibility into key audience metrics and social media analytics.
Do both PressRelease.com and Business Wire allow online submissions?
Both services offer online submissions to make it convenient for their clients to submit and pay for their press releases.
Do both PressRelease.com or Business Wire allow you to submit pictures for your press release?
PressRelease.com allows you to submit a picture, a video, or audio recording alongside your press release, but it is limited to a higher package. Business Wire also allows pictures and multimedia recordings.
Do both PressRelease.com and Business Wire display samples?
Yes, both present several samples to their customers to access and inspire their own press releases.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.
5 Tips for Maximizing Your Press Release Distribution