Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether Linking News or CISION PRWeb is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
Linking News vs. CISION PRWeb: Which is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
While Linking News charges $159 for its basic package, CISION PRWeb will do it for $99 more but does not include publishing of press releases on top-tier news and media sites. Go with Linking News (the winner), to get connected to over 300,000 publications and choose the one that offers to distribute your press release with your private label to both journalists and social media influencers.
If you want the best press release white-label distribution, visit Linking News.
If you want to increase your web visibility on search engines and don’t mind losing out on a white label press distribution package, visit CISION PRWeb.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do Linking News and CISION PRWeb Have in Common?
By all accounts, both Linking News and CISION PRWeb have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both of their basic packages are quite affordable.
- Ease of Use: Linking News and CISION PRWeb have user-friendly platforms that are optimized for both mobile and web visitors, making it easy to navigate through and distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that will help increase your visibility and appeal to the media and key audiences. These include placement to hundreds of media partners, distribution of press releases to well-curated social media influencers, and priority approval and distribution (you get to jump the line).
- Customer Service: Linking News has a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release. CISION PRWeb, on the other hand, has customer support that is hit or miss.
Linking News: Prices
- Basic – $159
- Standard – $369
- Silver – $669
- Gold – $1,580
- Chinese Distribution – $880
CISION PRWeb: Prices
- Basic – $99
- Standard – $189
- Advanced – $289
- Premium – $389
Linking News: Ease of Use
- Visit the Linking News website
- Choose a package
- Create and submit your press release
- Check out
CISION PRWeb: Ease of Use
- Visit the CISION PRWeb website
- Click on “Create a Free Account & Get Started”
- Select a package
- Check out
Linking News Features
- Basic — White label published on 100 news and media sites. This is for one press release. This includes being published on ABC, NBC, FOX, and CBS.
- Standard — Placement on 400 news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, and MarketWatch. This is for one press release.
- Silver — Placement on 500+ news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS MarketWatch, AP News, and Yahoo. This is for one press release.
- Gold — Placement on 600+ news and media sites, including ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS MarketWatch, AP News, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Benzinga, Street Insider, and many international sites, including Asahi in Japan. This is for one press release.
- Chinese Distribution Plan — Placement on 200+ Chinese news and media sites, including China’s top five media outlets as well as popular sites China.com, Sohu, Sina, Toutiao, China Daily, Phoenix (ifeng.com), and Netease (163.com). This is for one press release and does not include writing or translation services. Submissions must be in Chinese press release format.
CISION PRWeb Features
- Basic — This package gets you permanent hosting of a single press release on the PRWeb website to increase web visibility on Google, Bing, and other search engines.
- Standard — This package offers the ability to syndicate a press release on hundreds of media platforms and permanent hosting of a single press release on the PRWeb website.
- Advanced — With this package, you can email your press release directly to industry-focused influencers, permanent hosting of a single press release on the PRWeb website, and syndicate a press release on hundreds of media platforms.
- Premium— The Premium package allows you to distribute your press release to industry-curated Twitter feeds and influential blogger networks, email your press release directly to industry-focused influencers, permanent hosting of a single press release on the PRWeb website, and syndicate a press release on hundreds of media platforms.
Both Linking News and CISION PRWeb exhibited sharp and alert customer service when we reached out to them. Though Linking News offers only email support, the support was high quality and responsive in both English and Chinese.
CISION PRWeb offers phone support and email support.
- To reach them by phone, call 1-877-297-8912.
- To reach them by email, visit the PRWeb website and click on “Contact Us.” From there, fill out the attached contact submission form.
Here are some customer reviews for Linking News and CISION PRWeb from trustworthy third-party online review sites.
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Trustpilot website written by customers who have used Linking News to help spread the news about their business:
“I found Linking News via Google while searching “private label press release distributor”. What really impressed me was that they claim they do not publish clients’ press releases on their official site and do not attach their brand name to the press release during the whole publishing process. I have used Linking News’ entry-level plan for a while by selling it to my own clients. My clients were very impressed with the service that helped their brands get featured on many national TV news channels, such as ABC, NBC, FOX, etc. They are constantly improving their platform, and hopefully they will add more sites to their distribution network soon!”
“It is super easy to use their service because they do not require any login, I can see everything in a single page. Simply follow the instruction on the press release submission page to submit a press release, there is no word limit by the way.”
“Actually“I have used their service many times, I like their white label feature because I can provide press release distribution services to my own clients. Other PR services do not offer this feature, they always show their brand name on the clients’ press releases. With the white-label feature, I can resell their packages to my clients who have PR needs. Highly recommended!”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from G2 written by customers who have used CISION PRWeb to help spread the news about their business.
“I like how easy and quick it is to distribute a news release to my intended targets with PR Newswire. Once I have it uploaded and ready to go, I also like knowing an account executive at PR Newswire will double check it for me – it never hurts to have a second set of eyes review something before I go out!”
“Cision provides a service to businesses that allows them to access media and PR contacts across industries. Their software is meant to be an all-inclusive solution that includes marketing outreach tools, analytics and more. It’s all very effective and good value for money.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
Linking News and CISION PRWeb offer great press release distribution services and both have access to industry curated journalists and social media influencers. However, in our opinion, Linking News’ white label distribution services and customer support make them the better press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose Linking News if:
You want to pay more to enjoy white label press release distribution service and access to top-tier media outlets.
Choose CISION PRWeb if:
You want a distribution service that increases your visibility on relevant search results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do both Linking News and CISION PRWeb offer white label distribution services?
Only Linking News offers white-label distribution services. CISION PRWeb will mention their brand as they distribute your press release on their website and other media partner websites.
How long do Linking News and CISION PRWeb take to approve and distribute a press release?
Linking News takes between 24 and 48 hours for your press release to go live after their editorial team has approved it.
For CISION PRWeb, the waiting time depends on the package plan you’ve paid for. Their editorial teams take about two days to approve your content if you are on a standard package. However, their advanced and premium packages let you get next-day distribution.
Do both Linking News and CISION PRWeb let you submit any style of content for distribution
Linking News allows you to not only submit press releases but also product reviews and informative and promotional articles. Besides, you can use an unlimited word count, embed images, and keyword links in the content you submit, irrespective of the plan you are on. CISION PRWeb also allows you to attach files and images to your news release.
Do either Linking News or CISION PRWeb offer press release writing services?
Neither Linking News nor CISION PRWeb offers writing services. However, both platforms provide access to press release creating tools that allow for the addition of keyword links, keyword highlighting, and embedding images.
Does Linking News or CISION PRWeb have a better premium package?
Linking News’ high-end package (Gold Plan) costs $1,580 and offers white label distribution to more than 900,000 journalists and 600+ news and media sites including some top-tier ones such as ABC, NBC, Bloomberg, and international sites such as Japan’s Asahi. The platform also has a Chinese dedicated plan that distributes your press release to more than 200 top-tier news and media sites in China including China.com and Sohu.
CISION PRWeb high-end package (Premium Plan) costs $389 and includes press release distribution to Twitter feeds and influential blogger networks.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that provides superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A press release distribution service can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
A PR distribution service will usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
Why do companies issue press releases?
Why issue a press release? You might think that a simple press release is all that you need to do in order to get the word out about your new product or service. However, that’s not the case.
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success.
Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.
How to Write a Press Release
What Is a Press Release
5 Tips for Maximizing Your Press Release Distribution
Press Release Example