Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether SiteTrail or Business Wire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
BEST PRESS RELEASE SERVICE: eRELEASES
We recommend eReleases because they offer affordable, high-quality press release services tailored to entrepreneurs. Click below to save 30% on your press release today.
SiteTrail vs. Business Wire: Which Is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
While Sitetrail charges $99 for its basic package, Business Wire does not list pricing on their website and asks to be contacted for package information. Go with Sitetrail (the winner) to get package information and choose the one that fits your budget.
If you want the best press release package options, visit Sitetrail.
If you want to explore all options and don’t mind submitting a contact form visit Business Wire.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Do SiteTrail and Business Wire Have in Common?
By all accounts, both Sitetrail and Business Wire have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Cannot be compared.
- Ease of Use: Both Sitetrail and Business Wire have user-friendly websites, making it easy to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that build more value into their products. These include digital distribution and syndication.
- Customer Service: Both Sitetrail and Business Wire have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
- Basic – $99
- Business – $299
- Popular – $999
- Premium – $2,950
Business Wire: Prices
- Local – $475
- Regional – $510
- National – $940
SiteTrail: Ease of Use
- Visit the Sitetrail website
- Click on “Press Release Services”
- Decide on a package
- Order Now
Business Wire: Ease of Use
- Visit the Business Wire website
- Click on “Submit a Press Release”
- Create an account by filling out the contact form
- Click “Set up my account”
- Basic — 700-word press release, five-channel syndication, distribution to one Google News and one US-based news site, Google News indexing, and online distribution.
- Business — Two 700-word articles, unlimited global syndicates, Google News indexing, and RSS syndication to over 40 media outlets and to its network of industry-specific journalists.
- Popular — Two 700-word articles, delivery to unlimited channels and countries, two Google News indexed articles, basic SEO service, and RSS syndication to over 40 media platforms.
- Premium — Five 700-word news articles, five Google News indexed articles, unlimited distribution channels (including APNews, Business Insider, and Yahoo Finance), multiple countries, advanced SEO service, and RSS syndication.
Business Wire Features
- Local — Distribution to city, metro, and state-level news outlets. All packages receive the ability to submit and distribute a press release 24/7 with around-the-clock editorial services. NewsTrak Reports offer insight into audience metrics and PR analytics.
- Regional — Distribution to news outlets in any region of the US.
- National — Nationwide distribution to Business Wire’s news outlet services.
Both Sitetrail and Business Wire exhibited helpful customer service when we reached out to them. Though Sitetrail only offers online support, the support is available 24/7.
Sitetrail offers just online support.
- To reach them online, visit their website and click on “Contact.” You’ll be prompted to fill out a form. They accept online support requests 24/7, 365 days a year.
Business Wire also offers phone support and online support.
- To reach them by phone, call them at 1-888-381-9473.
- To reach them online, you can either email the company at email@example.com, or you can use the contact form on the website by selecting “Contact Us” in the home page’s “About Us” menu.
Here are some customer reviews for Sitetrail and Business Wire from trustworthy third-party online review sites.
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Trustpilot website written by customers who have used Sitetrail to help spread the news about their business:
“This agency helped me a lot to get real media coverage. They exceeded my expectations and I ended up getting verified on Instagram shortly after.”
Delivered the work in a timely manner and exceeded our expectations considering the price we paid. Overall a positive experience.
“They got us into Entrepreneur magazine and another top publication in a short time. Great service.”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from G2 written by customers who have used Business Wire to help spread the news about their business:
“The Business Wire website is easy to navigate and there is a variety of distribution lists to choose from to ensure you’re hitting your target audience. I also appreciate the help I’ve gotten from customer support who have given me recommendations for lists and also help with the financial information.”
“Their support and account teams are also incredibly responsive and quick to help out with any requests or problems. That said, there is a large amount of value for certain clients (especially public companies) to send press releases out on the wire, and I used it on a subscription basis for one particular client.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
Sitetrail and Business Wire offer press release distribution services and both have intuitive websites. However, in our opinion, Sitetrail has some distinct advantages that make them the best press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose SiteTrail if:
You want press release distribution along with writing services and SEO enhancements to help reach every media outlet.
Choose Business Wire if:
You don’t mind contacting Business Wire or creating an account to view package information and prices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do SiteTrail and Business Wire have transparent pricing?
Sitetrail has transparent pricing for each package they offer which can be easily found on their website under “Press Releases.”
Business Wire offers pricing estimates based on a 400-word press release, but you must contact Business Wire for specific information on their packages and pricing.
Do I need to create an account to submit a press release with Sitetrail and Business Wire?
You do not need to create an account in order to submit a press release with Sitetrail. However, you do need to create an account in order to submit a press release with Business Wire.
Is it easy to contact SiteTrail and Business Wire for more information?
Yes, it is easy to contact both Sitetrail and Business Wire for more information. Sitetrail has a contact form available 24/7 under the “Contact” tab on their website. Business Wire has a contact form, email address, phone numbers, and office locations listed under the “Contact Us” tab on their website.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that offers superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A PR distribution company can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
The distribution services usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you must write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
How do I increase the chance that my press release is picked up by the media?
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success. Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
Since press releases are still used routinely and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and determine how you can make yours unique. Find inspiration from those who were successful before you.