Looking for the best press release distribution service for your business? Find out whether eReleases or Business Wire is the best option.
Discover how they measure up in this side-by-side comparison review as we look at pricing, ease of use, features, and their customer services.
eReleases vs. Business Wire: Which is Better?
Before we dig into this review, let’s first outline which is the better overall deal.
While eReleases charges $299 for its basic package, Business Wire does not disclose its pricing for a standard press release. Go with eReleases (the winner) to know exactly what you will be paying for and choose the package that has the features you are looking for.
If you want the best press release and want to know exactly what you are paying for, visit eReleases
If you want a highly customized experience and don’t mind negotiating a package price, visit Business Wire.
Read our Best Press Release Distribution Service 2021 review to find the right press release distribution for your business’s specific needs.
What Does eReleases and Business Wire Have in Common?
By all accounts, both eReleases and Business Wire have quite a bit in common.
Here is a list of some of their commonalities:
- Price: Both basic packages are priced competitively
- Ease of Use: eReleases and Business Wire have user-friendly submission forms, making it a simple task to distribute a press release.
- Features: Both companies offer additional services that increase the audience you can reach. These include support for longer articles, access to premium media outlets, and detailed demographic reports.
- Customer Service: Both eReleases and Business Wire have a customer support network that can answer difficult questions and walk you through the process of distributing your press release.
- Buzz Builder™ $299
- Newsmaker™ $399
- PR Pro™ $599
Business Wire: Prices
- Local – $475
- Regional – $510
- National – $940
eReleases: Ease of Use
- Visit the eReleases website
- Click on “Place Order”
- Fill out a short form
- Click on “Start your press release order!”
Business Wire: Ease of Use
- Visit the Business Wire website
- Click on “Submit a Press Release”
- Create an account by filling out the contact form
- Click “Set up my account”
- Buzz Builder — Submission of a 400-word press release to a considerable number of media channel outlets. Customers also receive proof of delivery, circulation among 100,000+ journalists, and distribution to one industry or locally targeted list.
- Newsmaker — Submission of a 500-word press release to a considerable number of media channel outlets. Customers also receive proof of delivery, circulation among 100,000+ journalists, and distribution to two industry or locally targeted lists.
- PR Pro — Submission of a 600-word press release to a considerable number of media channel outlets. Customers also receive proof of delivery, circulation among 100,000+ journalists, distribution to three industry or locally targeted lists, and PR True Pitch targeted distribution services.
Business Wire Features
- Local — Distribution to city, metro, and state-level news outlets. All packages receive the ability to submit and distribute a press release 24/7 with around-the-clock editorial services. NewsTrak Reports offer insight into audience metrics and PR analytics.
- Regional — Distribution to news outlets in any region of the US.
- National — Nationwide distribution to Business Wire’s news outlet services.
Both eReleases and Business Wire exhibited great customer service when we reached out to them. In addition to email and phone support, eReleases offers chat, which we found to be timely and informational.
eReleases offers chat support and phone support.
- To reach support by phone, call them at (800) 710-5535 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern time.
- To reach support online, visit the eReleases website, click on “CHAT,” and fill out the fields. You can also send them an email by selecting “Contact” and filling out your information.
Business Wire also offers phone support and online support.
- To reach them by phone, call them at 1-888-381-9473.
- To reach them online, you can either email the company at email@example.com, or you can use the contact form on the website by selecting “Contact Us” in the home page’s “About Us” menu.
Here are some customer reviews for eReleases and PressRelease.com from online review sites.
Listed below are some legitimate reviews from the Chamber of Commerce written by customers who have used eReleases to help spread the news about their business.
“It gives me all major news outlets through the newswire service for press releases.
“Thank you dear friends for your efforts. We already have a huge story in Variety thanks to your getting the press release out. It’s really great for us!”
“Actually the press release worked really well. It created a busy day… Good problem to have. Phones rang a lot this morning.”
Listed below are some legitimate reviews pulled from G2 written by customers who have used Business Wire to help spread the news about their business:
“The Business Wire website is easy to navigate and there is a variety of distribution lists to choose from to ensure you’re hitting your target audience. I also appreciate the help I’ve gotten from customer support who have given me recommendations for lists and also help with the financial information.”
“Their support and account teams are also incredibly responsive and quick to help out with any requests or problems. That said, there is a large amount of value for certain clients (especially public companies) to send press releases out on the wire, and I used it on a subscription basis for one particular client.”
Which Press Release Service Should You Choose?
eReleases and Business Wire offer standard press release options, and both have additional features to distribute your press release to a larger audience. However, in our opinion, eReleases has some distinct advantages that make them the best press release distribution company.
However, if you’re still unsure of which is best for your particular needs, let’s look at some scenarios that might help you decide.
Choose eReleases if:
You want to pick out exactly what you need in order to reach your desired audience.
Choose Business Wire if:
You want to customize your package and don’t mind losing out on upfront pricing while gaining access to specialized features.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I submit a press release directly through eReleases and Business Wire?
With eReleases, you can submit your press release with your contact information. With Business Wire, you will need to work with a consultant to determine a package option for your press release before you are able to submit it.
Do both eReleases and Business Wire have writing services?
eReleases has a writing service that is included in their standard and advanced packages. Business Wire has writing services that are available for journalists but not for a standard press release.
Who charges more, eReleases or Business Wire?
eReleases charges a flat rate that starts at $299 and increases depending on the features you would like to add. Business Wire does not offer pricing information and creates specialized package pricing for each client.
Will both eReleases and Business Wire provide me with a report on my press release?
Yes, both eReleases and Business Wire have detailed analytical reports that show audience reach and demographic information.
Do both eReleases and Business Wire have multimedia support?
Yes, eReleases and Business Wire both have multimedia support, including images and videos.
What is the best press release distribution service?
The best press release distribution service depends on your goals. A reputable company will provide you with a press release service that offers superior writing and distribution capabilities. A company that can provide excellent customer support and that can customize its services to meet your individual needs is also an excellent choice.
What is a press release distribution service?
A PR distribution company can send out your news releases to several different media sources. They specialize in putting together customized news releases, and the news distribution company will take care of mailing, faxing, and even printing your materials so that you don’t have to worry about them.
The distribution services usually charge more than you would pay to have a professional write your release, but you end up saving money in the long run because a reputable service will mail your materials for less than you would pay a professional business to do the same thing.
How do I distribute a press release for free?
Many people ask this question and want to know how to distribute a press release for free, especially if they have just developed a new product. In order to distribute a press release for free, you must write the press release and distribute it yourself. Be aware, however, that this free method may cost you more in time than it is worth.
Are press releases worth it?
Press releases are a great way to get the word out about your product and business. Whether it is worth it or not depends on your unique business needs. It is best to put together a marketing strategy that incorporates a press release plan.
How do you distribute a press release locally?
Begin by writing a press release for your local audience. Once you have done this, reach out to local news outlets to discuss getting your news published. The better written your press release, the better your chances of getting it broadcasted locally.
How do I increase the chance that my press release is picked up by the media?
If you want to ensure that your press release is picked up and distributed, you need to make sure that you follow a number of important steps to ensure that your press release has the best chance of success. Any company that wishes to issue a press release should follow these steps:
- Write a great press release.
- Reach out to media outlets that your customers are connected with.
- Ensure your press release gets published.
Are press releases outdated?
We get a lot of questions about this in our inbox every time we mention or talk about press releases. Since they are still used so commonly and are a major component of online marketing, it is fair to assume that they are still important and relevant today.
How do I make my press release stand out?
We’re frequently asked how to make a press release stand out. In our experience, press releases are written, distributed, and edited with the same attention to detail as any other magazine or newspaper story.
In addition to this attention to detail, a successful press release must generate attention and stand out. The best way to accomplish this is to study other press releases and find inspiration from those who were successful before you.